• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is a good polo shirt brand. I need very high quality polos with real pearl buttons.

BullionBro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I dont care about the price. I just want very high quality luxurious polos that will last many years and look and feel great. They can cost little or very high and I dont care about the brand. I prefer for them not to show too much branding.

Thanks!

I lost weight and got to my goal weight so i am buying a whole wardrobe of clothing. I will start off with polos first.

Thanks gents!

BullionBro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks I like the kent wang selection. Can anyone that owns one post a picture or let me know how the quality is?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I have 4 Kent Wang polos and I like them a lot. You should be able to find plenty of reviews and some fit pics on google.

You might also want to check out a new line of polos just released by Epaulet: burgundy, red, navy. These have smoke MOP buttons and have really fine fabric. I got the burgundy one and I think it's great.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I dont care about the price.  I just want very high quality luxurious polos that will last many years and look and feel great.  They can cost little or very high and I dont care about the brand.  I prefer for them not to show too much branding.

Thanks!

I lost weight and got to my goal weight so i am buying a whole wardrobe of clothing. I will start off with polos first.

Thanks gents!

If you find something that works well for you but has plastic buttons, you could always switch out the buttons to thick MOPs. Many high-end shirts use them anyway, but it's a simple fix if that is the only deal breaker.

BullionBro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The three brands posted here are all very nice. Sunspel, Kent Wang and Epaulet. It makes it harder to choose which ones to buy. Maybe I should buy 1 of each? :)

Does anyone know a good place to buy mother of pearl buttons especially made for polo shirts?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The three brands posted here are all very nice.  Sunspel, Kent Wang and Epaulet.  It makes it harder to choose which ones to buy.  Maybe I should buy 1 of each? :)

Does anyone know a good place to buy mother of pearl buttons especially made for polo shirts?

I can't offer you a link, but I know I've seen it discussed on here before, so I'm sure someone can chime in with that info. When my shirts get worn out/frayed and can't be donated, I'll cut the buttons off to keep and then use the shirt for a rag. Maybe you have an old shirt that still has the buttons in good condition?

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you find something that works well for you but has plastic buttons, you could always switch out the buttons to thick MOPs. Many high-end shirts use them anyway, but it's a simple fix if that is the only deal breaker.

are tasteless, imo.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

are tasteless, imo.

I've always preferred shell or mother of pearl buttons. It's honestly the first thing I look at when I'm shopping for shirts, but to each their own.

It wouldn't look inappropriate on a polo though, I don't think, because there are only 2-3 buttons and they're often thicker plastic anyway.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've always preferred shell or mother of pearl buttons. It's honestly the first thing I look at when I'm shopping for shirts, but to each their own.
It wouldn't look inappropriate on a polo though, I don't think, because there are only 2-3 buttons and they're often thicker plastic anyway.

thickness

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about Avon Celli regarding Polo shirts.

I do not buy into the whole "high end" Polo thing though (I have yet to find a big difference between a polo from a lower tier brand like Lacoste and a higher tier brand like Cucinelli or Loro Piana). I have found my Lacoste Polo's lasting fine, usually 2/3 years. I cannot see you getting much more mileage from a higher tier brand.

Unless you are going for one off designs, most solid colors or basic horizontal stripe / plaid patterns are available season after season for any particular brand.

I see little point in spending more than 100bucks on a Polo unless you find one with an unusual pattern that you must have whatever the cost.

I love MOP buttons but most people wear their Polos with all buttons undone or at the very least the top one / two button(s) undone. Correct me if I am wrong, is a Polo nothing else other than a tee shirt with a collar? If so, I am surprised people are looking for high end features on what is a very casual garment.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads