• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is a good polo shirt brand. I need very high quality polos with real pearl buttons.

GAMMOCHO

Reaction score
We are an affiliate vendor here on SF. We are a custom polo shirt manufacturer. All our polos are blank and we can custom size any of our fit types. Our comfort pique is softer than Lacoste pique. We also have an interlock that is super soft. Email me and we can discuss design, colors, cost and delivery. [email protected]

Sent.

Is there a specific meaning in terms of the number of buttons on the placket?

chet31

Reaction score
Arc'Teryx, not sure mine will ever wear out, $79, small logo, biggest problem, finding them to try on. Need to find an outdoor/mountaineering store like MooseJaw. REI carries Arc'Teryx, but I haven't seen one with the polos.

MickeyHardFit

Reaction score
Some of best Polos i have ever had are Lacoste (MOP) obtained 5 items in 1999 (when i was 20) and gave them to my friend 12 years later still going strong but i have increased chest size.
Replaced them with Lacoste Live Polos 2011 -not happy and gave them to my Dad.
Hackett loud ones with Rugby numbers and plain ones are still ok... in use 2003-2012 (sailing and rugby use manly)
Now days as only sport is walking around- nice merino and knit numbers are just perfect manly Fred Perry, John Smedley and Finisterre are proving just about right.
Perfect choice IMO- plain crew neck t-shirt made by Crombie is very good choice too.

aldora tailor

Reaction score
I can get you an Italian brand in pure cotton pique knit. This is the highest quality you can get for a Polo in plain colors ( like pure white, taupe, hellblue, rich green, grey, red , black ). The style is conservative with 3 buttons and a pocket in front.
They are extremely expensive but no other brands can compare to their fine gauge knit. It costs $299 each.

phillycheese

Reaction score
I hear Ascot & Chang are teaming up with the Armoury for some Polos.

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have 2 Polos from Vastrm, I totally recommend this company, great quality and very nice fabrics.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont care about the price.  I just want very high quality luxurious polos that will last many years and look and feel great.  They can cost little or very high and I dont care about the brand.  I prefer for them not to show too much branding.

Thanks!

I lost weight and got to my goal weight so i am buying a whole wardrobe of clothing. I will start off with polos first.

Thanks gents!

The guys are throwing out some killer brands on here - and I'd like to look into some of these myself - but the suggestions so far are mostly of the high end or superpremo high end variety. I'll throw one out that covers your comment "they can cost little" and specifically addresses the low-to-no visible branding element you communicated as well.

J. Crew

Specifically in plain white and plain black, which is what I own. (I also don't like loud branding...you look like a dentist that just left the outlet mall when you have big logos on your polos IMO)

Has no branding whatsoever, Pima cotton, good construction and costs $60-$90.

Oh, it is made by a depressed garment industry worker/machine in China rather than a depressed garment industry worker/machine in Italy.

If you want to own a plain black no branding whatsoever Cucinelli cotton polo for $700 that's cool but'd mostly be a halo effect for you only in your mind over a Crew $70 number since very very few people would be able to tell the dif :p

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, yeah

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, I was looking for nice polos with no logo. Are these true size? I normally wear S in t shirts and polos

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're talkin' online I'd just go with a reg sizing. If it's a bit gangsta loose just give it a wash and a super hot dry. I'm more outlet for these simple kinda items where you can quickly try it on if you want

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads