• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What if you only had $150 to spend?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Could you still come up with a stylish outfit? Thrift store shopping not included. Same principle as LA GUY's thread.

Reaction score
apc jeans $120-140
plain white t-from target (pack of a few for $5ish)
target slip-ons ($12ish)

done.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stf 501(45)
vans half cabs(50)
black tee from target.(5)
mil surplus web belt(5)

familyman

Reaction score
Rustlers - $10
Lands End washed cord sport coat - $79.50
plain t-shirt from wal-mart $5
Jack Purcell $49.95
same web belt as CMF $5

$149.45

brozek

Reaction score
Good thread topic - I have a feeling I'll get more useful ideas out of this one than its predecessor. I'm looking forward to replies that are on the dressier end (if that's even going to be possible).

Green Chucks ($40)
Cheap Monday tight raw ($65)
AA v-neck green ($9 through Grapist on SF)
AA hoodie asphalt ($25 through Grapist on SF)

brozek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
So none of you would have shoes,
laugh.gif

Jon.

What? So far, everyone has listed shoes in their budget.

rico suave

Reaction score
Dickies khakis $17
Ozark Trail shoes $15
Hanes perfect-T $5
Faded Glory l/s twill shirt $10

Plenty left over for a night on the town.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rico suave
Dickies khakis $17 Ozark Trail shoes $15 Hanes perfect-T $5 Faded Glory l/s twill shirt $10 Plenty left over for a night on the town.
i take issue with the OZARK TRAIL shoes:
0072503333431215x215wh9.jpg
HIDEOUS! AND the dickies khakis are ubiquitous, functional and last forever, but STYLISH? ummm.... no. the hanes is on point. i don't know that the faded glory shirt L/S would cut the mustard though in terms of fit.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Gap $30 jeans
$5 Havaianas
~$40 linen shirt from Jantzen

$75 bus ticket to California

rico suave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i take issue with the OZARK TRAIL shoes:
0072503333431215x215wh9.jpg

HIDEOUS!

AND the dickies khakis are ubiquitous, functional and last forever, but STYLISH? ummm.... no.

the hanes is on point. i don't know that the faded glory shirt L/S would cut the mustard though in terms of fit.

Sorry I didnt know I was going to a beauty contest. Where I live this outfit looks about 100 times better than what 99% of the people are wearing, they make it way too easy.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
Could you still come up with a stylish outfit?
no hate, rico. just trying to make sure the thread addresses the OP's topic. a stylish fellow can make almost any article of clothing look good, and i would think you are one of those fellows, but that attire is everywhere, and seems to be default rather than a choice, worn by folks that don't think very much about what they are wearing. i think the clothes you mentioned very well COULD look good, but it would be an uphill battle for even the prettiest among us. :snuggle:

rico suave

Reaction score
I guess I didnt get that this was a game, not what you actualy wear. I think I'm going to stop posting, I dont fit in here. Can someone please direct me to the poor people's style forum?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well rico... if it makes you feel better, the outfit i posted is more expensive than the ones i usually wear. thrift stores are your friend if youre broke. it takes more effort, but you can walk out looking almost as good as me for pennies.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads