1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What I'd wear today if I was given $1500 to spend.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

2. DGP

DGP Senior member

Acne Mic Ridgid: $200
    Barney's COOP black chelseas: $265
    Banana Republic fitted white t: $16.50
    J. Crew charcoal merino v-neck: $59
    Theory black blazer: $595

I still need some sort of black belt, which I'm guessing would weigh in at about $150, bringing my total to about $1,286. I'd probably throw in a pair of Prada sunglasses, seeing as in LA sunglasses don't require sunlight.

3. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Senior member

or Seinfeld...

mind you that was in '98 or earlier.. He's doesn't wear those silly shirts anymore.. at least that's what i hopefor him.

4. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

Yeah, I meant circa his sitcom era...he's seems to have a better handle on things nowadays clothingwise.

5. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Yeah, I meant circa his sitcom era...he's seems to have a better handle on things nowadays clothingwise.
    I saw him on an HBO special honoring him recently. He was wearing a black suit, a silver shirt, and a shiny silver tie (Regis Philbin-esque). Pass your own judgments on whether that means he has "a better handle on things nowadays".

6. robbie

robbie Senior member

This might be a tiny bit lackluster to some, but... I'd go to the barber first-15$ Crate Dobbs (assuming they were in stock on context)--104$ + S&H [​IMG] Black Converse Jack Purcells-55$ at Daniels shoes in OKC Modest Mouse t-shirt (from uprecords.com) 16$ shipped [​IMG] Light Blue AA baby thermal LS 20$+ S&H http://www.americanapparel.net/store..._LightBlue.jpg Levis Sherpa Trucker 78 + S&H [​IMG] a louis and cluck button (like this shirt) 4$ (i think) from Blue 7 in OKC [​IMG] Jcrew Argyle Socks 14$+ S&H [​IMG] AA boxer brief 14$ + S&H Vestal Monte Carlo approximately 100$ on ebay [​IMG] Tony Lama tooled leather belt approximately 20$ on ebay [​IMG] And one of these from the local ma' and pa'-- 1$ [​IMG] That's only 442$, so I guess 500 after shipping and handling... so i'd do something similar two more times or buy a cheap car (the kind Palahniuk talks about in Fight Club). ohh and a polaroid camera and messenger or camera bag of somekind robbie

7. tigerx

tigerx Senior member

ok not exactly what i would wear today, but for the fall/winter season

Rag&Bone Donkey Jacket - 646$
    [​IMG]

White Ribbed Ts from H&M - 9.99$ (not sure on the price here but it's definately less then 15$CAD)

KMW 1980 - 275$ - 10% discount = 302$
    [​IMG]

LGC leather dress belt 45$
    [​IMG]

Frye Rider inside zip 280$
    [​IMG]

8. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I like those Fryes, but the 2" heel is a bit much.

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Thom Browne Wingtips $1225
    Flat Head 3001 $275
    bare chest
    no socks
    commando draws

10. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

resurrecting because this was fun.

11. asobu

asobu Senior member

KMW 1980 - 275$ - 10% discount = 302$

hmmm.

10% discount from context?

12. robin

robin Senior member

10% discount from context?
    The 10% discount is no longer offered. They do "Context" dollars instead now - codes are emailed to you every other month or so once you sign up.

13. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

i think he meant that you added instead of subtracted the discount [​IMG]

14. freelance robotics

freelance robotics Senior member

[​IMG] velvet vest by j. peterman (they actually just stopped carrying this, but hey it's a fantasy scenario anyways) $120 custom-fit flannel by polo $90 yukon wool cape coat by filson $275 LGC belt with harness stitching, $45 dry bones slim jeans $260 and since i already have a pair of fryes and a pair of red wings, i figured i might as well go for the indy boots, $300 which is $1090 altogether, enough leftover to have the coat and vest taken in since they probably run big, and to get an altea scarf to top it off

15. xchen

xchen Senior member

I just got those boots, and I must admit, it's weird to think to myself, I'm wearing like $600 right now, and that's just below the waist.

16. freelance robotics

freelance robotics Senior member

honestly, i don't wear expensive jeans, and i'm really set for boots, but if i could afford to indulge i think those two would likely be it. the dry bones are just incredible in every respect, especially the fit, and the indy boots have probably some of the most unique styling i've seen.

17. xchen

xchen Senior member

My most expensive pair of jeans right now is my APCs, but I just dropped $200 on some amazing RRL chinos. I'm planning on not washing them, and see what kind of gorgeous wear I can come up with.

18. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

My most expensive pair of jeans right now is my APCs, but I just dropped $200 on some amazing RRL chinos. I'm planning on not washing them, and see what kind of gorgeous wear I can come up with.

Think of how far that money could have gone when spent on cheap booze and hookers. Tsk tsk.