1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What I'd wear today if I was given $1500 to spend.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

speaking of incredible shaw collars. Saw last month's Esquire with Daniel Craig "new Bond" and he sported a really good looking Polo by Ralph Lauren. I think it was a cardigan shawl sweater.

They have this one on the web that I saw, not a cardigan though

[​IMG]

And if you search rakuten, one store has pics of the slim fits and shawl collar, and the coats

[​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yeah, The Explorer Collective on Rakuten has pics of lots of Engineered Garments and W+H stuff. Similar demographic. Sort of urban outdoorsy.

3. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Hey LA Guy, Have you recieved your EG hoodie from Odin yet? If so, how's the fit? Can you post a pic with it on? [​IMG]

4. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

This coat from Undercover, yoox,954: [​IMG] Taylor Low-Rise R&R's, eLuxury: 260 [​IMG] Jantzen Tailor French-cuff dual-button stand fly-front shirt in this fabric, $45: [​IMG] That leaves...240 for shoes. Chestnut calf Childrey boots from Sargent, $241 at pediwear- [​IMG] WOW...imaginary money sure goes fast!!!!

5. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Or, just spend 1142 on this Gucci coat and live in it: [​IMG]

6. LA Guy

Hey LA Guy,

Have you recieved your EG hoodie from Odin yet? If so, how's the fit? Can you post a pic with it on?

[​IMG]

Um, yeah, I got it. And it is awesome! Um, unfortunately my connector (camera to computer) is screwed up, but I'll try to get a new one this weekend. It is still too warm to wear it.

7. jeremy_ichthus

jeremy_ichthus Member

Wow! I like it. Is it true these run small? If I'm on the upper end of a Medium, should I order a Large?

Um, yeah, I got it. And it is awesome! Um, unfortunately my connector (camera to computer) is screwed up, but I'll try to get a new one this weekend. It is still too warm to wear it.

8. LA Guy

Wow! I like it. Is it true these run small? If I'm on the upper end of a Medium, should I order a Large?

I am a sall medium - 5'11" and 150 lbs, with a 39" chest and 30" waist. The medium fits me snugly through the shoulders, chest, and arms, and is just slightly roomier in the torso. If you are a large medium (say, my height and 170+ lbs,) I would definitely recommend the large. Odin has this color and Steven Alan has the black. Not sure who else is carrying this model. I know that neither MAC, Drinkwaters, nor Peasant carries it.

9. ardeetee

ardeetee Senior member

i'm really interested in seeing the EG hoodie as well, do they offer any other colors besides black and heather? I'm hoping that they offer a charcoal/wool colored one... also the pic of the black one at steven alan is gone since it is sold out, so any pics of the one you have would be great [​IMG]

10. jeremy_ichthus

jeremy_ichthus Member

Cool. I was gonna go to MAC and check it out...good thing you said it's not there. Steven Alan doesn't have Mediums, so I guess I'm "stuck" w/ the bigger ones.

I am a sall medium - 5'11" and 150 lbs, with a 39" chest and 30" waist. The medium fits me snugly through the shoulders, chest, and arms, and is just slightly roomier in the torso. If you are a large medium (say, my height and 170+ lbs,) I would definitely recommend the large. Odin has this color and Steven Alan has the black. Not sure who else is carrying this model. I know that neither MAC, Drinkwaters, nor Peasant carries it.

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

i'm really interested in seeing the EG hoodie as well, do they offer any other colors besides black and heather? I'm hoping that they offer a charcoal/wool colored one...
    This one is available in the American Rag in San Francisco. It's made out of recycled cotton and the design is a little different, as you can tell from the photo.

[​IMG]

12. LA Guy

This one is available in the American Rag in San Francisco. It's made out of recycled cotton and the design is a little different, as you can tell from the photo.

Yeah, this hoodie is significantly different. There is no ribbing detail at shoulders and no ribbed side panel, and the hood is 2 piece (iirc), not 3. There is also no lining, so the whole thing is a lot lighter. The inside back quarters is lined with a cotton canvas piece with the label on it.

Peasant has this in an oatmeal color. MAC, and Barneys, at least in Boston, has the charcoal/grey color shown above.

13. LA Guy

Cool. I was gonna go to MAC and check it out...good thing you said it's not there. Steven Alan doesn't have Mediums, so I guess I'm "stuck" w/ the bigger ones.

You should email Engineered Garments with the specific question (if you want a medium). They'll be able to point you the right way. If they have any on hand, Drinkwaters will do special order with them.

14. giantreptile

giantreptile Active Member

exactly where is drinkwater's, just past Porter on mass ave?

15. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

^^^^
    yup. next to elephant walk.

16. LA Guy

exactly where is drinkwater's, just past Porter on mass ave?

Yeah... most of their Engineered Garments stock is not in yet, though. It's an interesting place - quite conservative selection of recongizable high-mid to low-high makers(Schneiders of Austria, Robert Talbott, Carmina shoes) with some unknowns (Purple Noon - CIT's houseline (they make Armani mainline shirts), Aster, a pretty good shirt line with a reasonable pricepoint), with a fair bit of Engineered garments in the mix, and also the rather difficult to understand but interesting John Malkovich line as well. I would check it out just to chat with Gary, who is a good guy. I'll actually do some windows and put together some stuff just for Styleforum once he gets more stock in. I've done the windows a couple of times before, and they look a lot more like an Odin window than what Gary usually puts up.

17. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Yeah... most of their Engineered Garments stock is not in yet, though...
    Did Gary mention when he's expecting to get the rest of his stock in and what he's going to be recieving?

18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here's what I'd do if someone gave me $1500 today and I had to buy a whole set up. Kinda what I usually wear anyway. Funny, how just normal stuff can add up quickly:

Paul Smith Jacket 300
    Pure Blue Japan XX-005 205
    Surf Shop Tee 32
    Paul Smith Belt 100
    Jack Spade Waxwear Bag 325
    Jack Spade Wallet 95
    Clarks Desert Trek 100
    Ray Ban Caravan 95
    Hamilton Field Watch 245

[​IMG]

19. minya

minya Senior member

That's an awesome jacket!

20. deedotceedot

deedotceedot Member

That Jack Spade wallet looks like a J. Fold Loungemaster.