What I'd wear today if I was given $1500 to spend.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I would too, if they didn't feel the need to put elbow pads on everything,

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, I thought that I would do an outfit for my wife. It is Friday, after all. Anyway, for anyone who likes to get stuff for their sigificant others, here is something.

Eugenia Kim Brown grey Engineer's Cap, available from Active Endeavors. Unlike me, my wife can wear pretty much any hat and look great. I, on the other hand, love hats, and look like an idiot in about 95% of any I try on. And Eugenia Kim makes some of the coolest hats available.
    www.activeendeavors.com, $165
    [​IMG]

Alexia Admor dress in Moss green , now on Le Train Bleu (www.letrainbleu.com), for $82 on sale.
    [​IMG]

Charcoal equestian boots by Kalliste, $310 from www.yoox.com. For some reason, I find the juxtaposition of ass-kicking, utilitarian boots with a dress very attractive.
    [​IMG]

And since it is cold today, a jacket. My wife loves Gary Graham (the designer, not the mass murderer, I hope) and this English twill jacket, available for $639 at www.shopworthwhile.com, with it's grey color, complements the color of the boots, and the design complements the workman's feel of the Eugenia cap.
    [​IMG]

This is also a very versatile ensemble. By switching out the dress of a simple tank and a pair of straightleg, reasonably relaxed jeans, you have a completely different outfit, maybe for the morning after.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Don't lie to us, that's really what you want to wear, isn't? Isn't it? [​IMG]

Jon.

5. LA Guy

Don't lie to us, that's really what you want to wear, isn't? Isn't it? [​IMG]

Jon.

Caressing the ban button...[​IMG]

Well, I wish there was a guy's version of that hat, and the color scheme is very me.

6. Jen

Jen Senior member

Well, I thought that I would do an outfit for my wife. It is Friday, after all. Anyway, for anyone who likes to get stuff for their sigificant others, here is something.
    Thanks love. That is perfect!

I am really glad that you picked boots instead of sneakers, too. Now if someone will only give me 1.5k, I can get dressed...

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Caressing the ban button...[​IMG]

Well, I wish there was a guy's version of that hat, and the color scheme is very me.

Yes, well, I wasn't going to make fun of Jen...so you were the obvious target [​IMG]. Anyways, your behavior is better than that of most husbands, since normally couldn't care less what their wife's wear.

Jon.

8. Dill

Dill Senior member

I would too, if they didn't feel the need to put elbow pads on everything,

??? How else are you supposed to protect your elbows? I have a charchol sweater like that from last fall and its pretty sweet.

9. Flame

Flame Senior member

$1500? I'll hire a thai lady and call it a day. [​IMG]

10. LA Guy

I got the Trovata Defarkas navy melange hoodie. Is it a hoodie? A cardigan? Second Trovata piece that's really caught my eye. The first was the apple green sweater from last F/W with the cuff detailing.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

For me it would be the eg whipcord jacket or rb safari jacket, both of which LA guy is supposed to find for me [​IMG]

For my girl, well she's lucky b/c she finds the most amazing things in the cheapest of places which looks like designer shit, girls can get away with stuff like that. When it comes to shoes though I don't let her skimp. I got her some celine brown croc stamped leather espadrille pump wedges a year and a half ago that have become so trendy as of late. For her birthday this year I got her some brown dior 3.5" slides with antique C & D on each respective side that go perfect with her beautiful french pedicured toes and caramel skin [​IMG]

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

LA Guy, I liked that dress last time it was brought up. At $80, I would immediately purchase it for my special lady friend, except that it's totally sold out.

And the rest of you, stop being lazy and spend this virtual cash.

Just for the hell of it.

Nike deadstock stussy blazer - $450
    socks
    underwear
    Nudie SSDS - $265
    Surplus web belt - $10
    Built by Wendy Gene/Gilda tshirt - $35
    Nike white label green windbreaker - $95
    Spend the rest on ice for my wrist - $695
    NM, buy Grados - $225
    and a Reload bag for rekkids - $80

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

[​IMG] lemond filmore track bike, $1099 leaves me 401 left for [​IMG]
    Wow, I swear to God I was going to link to a used Moots and a pic of some Jack. Father...?

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

15. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Engineered Garments Herringbone jacket, in medium, available from www.stevenalan.com, $398.
    [​IMG]

I saw this jacket at MAC in San Francisco, but they were out of the small and medium. So I picked it up in a small from Stevenalan and it is amazing. The fit is perfect and it goes well with jeans as well as khakis. Very versatile. Worth every cent! (saved on sales tax!) That photo doesn't do it justice.