1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What i hate this year

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Sep 23, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I personally like driving shoes for everyday wear, although some of the flashier ones could be a bit incongruous. I wear puma speedcats with jeans quite often, they are comfortable and stylish.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Funny...today I am wearing a pair of Vapor White suede with blue-navy stripe Speed Cats with a pair of GAP "worker" jeans, and a RL Polo custom-fit shirt in Andover Heather (gray).

Jon.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I agree completely. A chunkier shoe looks good with baggier jeans. But some chunky shoes (Nike Vandals and Dunks, Doc Martens, real army boots (what we used to call shitkickers)) are acceptable. Others are just ugly. No need to mention them again. And yes, a slimmer jean calls for slimmer shoes - but your John Lobbs are not the answer. Try a slimmer sneaker or a Chelsea boot by a more modern designer like Prada or Costume National.

And you must have me mistaken for someone else. I love hiphuggers. I've never seen a pair I didn't like. My non-ironic point was that I think that they look good even on girls without perfect hips.

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hear Hear..

5. modsquad

modsquad Senior member

L.A. Guy,

I'm right with you on the Chelsea Boot.

Modsquad

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

We agree completely on this point.