• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hoodies / Hooded Sweaters Do You Rec'd?

~attrACTION~

Reaction score
Hi everyone, glad to be here! I guess since this is a style forum, I should give some relevant background? I'm 22, 5'9" and have dark very dark brown hair/eyes, with lightly tanned skin...I do dress well, I guess for the "average" college student. Mostly, it has been hand-me-downs from my older brother who would shop at Banana Republic, JCrew, etc. So, my sense of style was mostly inspired by the articles I got from him, and what I bought to go with that. Now, I dress a lot like...say a white version of Kanye West, sort of preppy/thuggish, but more preppy...some Sean John, RL, DKNY, Gap, and a few no-name brands that just look good...I don't like to spend a fortune on clothes, because as Will Smith says: "I make this look good." I get lots of compliments on "my style," guy friends borrowing my clothes, and on a few occasions girls asking ME for fashion tips (since most college students dress in t-shirts, sweats, and really all look the same). Still, I would much rather not be labelled a "metro" and for that reason I was hesitant to join here, because I am nothing of the like. I don't use man purses or anything...of course, I don't want give the impression that I am a close-minded jerk. Anyhow, I'm getting off-tangent... My Question I've been looking for a nice hoodie/sweater lately. I've seen Bape and the typical Punk/emo ones, and the A&F/Hollister types too. What I really want is a warm, comfortable hoodie with a nice big "hood" that won't feel tight around my head. Maybe I have a big head, because my other worn out "hoodie" feels pretty tight/uncomfortable when I actually use the "hood" (if that's the term for it). I'm sure most of you probably have one of these types of sweaters, so I want to know which one you think has the best fit that I can buy for like $50-$80. For some reason, Bapes look like the material is too thin and won't keep me warm. It doesn't get awfully cold here, but at nights it can get to 45-50 degrees F, so it's nice to keep a bit warm. I'm also trying to change up my style a bit, to something more fresh but also more mature. Like a "hip James Bond look." James Bond is cool, but for a college student it's over the top classy...I want to project classy but hip and fresh at the same time. Here is a look I find interesting that I haven't tried before. I was wondering if any of you would recognize the styles of clothes (such as the hoodies/hats) worn by the artist in this music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QozaF...elated&search= The artist, Chelo looks a lot like me except for the tattoos. I like his collared sweater, but not exactly the ripped jeans. The headgear also looks cool...I've never really worn any sort of hats before, and I want to try that out. Or if you think from what I've described that another style would be more fitting, please let me know. Give me some links that you think would be helpful. I look forward to learning a lot, and contributing in the future. Thanks!

Max

Reaction score
Dude. men.style.com forums. Go. We don't do bape here.

~attrACTION~

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
Dude, that site is awesome! Thanks for the link.

Although, just out of curiousity, what do you "do here"? I saw the Affliction hoodies in another thread...I'm not sure I get your drift with the no Bape thing. You mean no mainstream styles?

Tiranis

Reaction score
Look into 'What are you wearing now?' thread. You'll understand. We do 'personal style' here, not 'copy the runway/celebrity/fellow frat brother'. And if you've seen the Affliction hoodies thread, you've probably noticed what fate they've met... I'll give you a hint: it wasn't very nice. I'm sure honestforum.com would be of help too.
smile.gif
Good luck.

G&H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ~attrACTION~
Dude, that site is awesome! Thanks for the link.

Although, just out of curiousity, what do you "do here"? I saw the Affliction hoodies in another thread...I'm not sure I get your drift with the no Bape thing. You mean no mainstream styles?

Ummm, maybe you should check this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23537

~attrACTION~

Reaction score
Originally Posted by G&H
Ummm, maybe you should check this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23537
Awesome, just what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by Tiranis
Look into 'What are you wearing now?' thread. You'll understand.

We do 'personal style' here, not 'copy the runway/celebrity/fellow frat brother'.

And if you've seen the Affliction hoodies thread, you've probably noticed what fate they've met... I'll give you a hint: it wasn't very nice.

I'm sure honestforum.com would be of help too.
smile.gif
Good luck.

In that case, I'm going to stick around a bit...I like your guys' idea of personal style. I'm going to register at honestforums too, seems like a cool place.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tiranis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
best.first.post.ever.

I wanted to mention the thread, in fact it was the first thing that came to mind after reading the post title. But his limit is $80... and I don't believe any of those in the Top 10 were even close.
confused.gif

G&H

Reaction score
I wanted to mention the thread, in fact it was the first thing that came to mind after reading the post title. But his limit is $80... and I don't believe any of those in the Top 10 were even close.
confused.gif

AA hoody is there, and it's around $50. The other hoodies are out of his price range but reading about them might help him figure out what people "do" here.

~attrACTION~

Reaction score
confused.gif

Yeah, I posted in that thread.

The AAs are definitely nice, I'm going to buy a few of them...I really like the colors and the fact that they have fleece. I actually like the Factory People hoodies $132 piece. I'll spend more than my budget if it's worth it, which this seems like it could be.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
I guess you didn't see the s/s Bape Camo Shirt I revived in the What Are You Wearing Now thread a few weeks back. Check it out!
lol8[1].gif

~attrACTION~

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
No kidding. Talk about a rip-off.
lol, well I shop on eBay a lot, though after seeing the Bapes posted there I probably wouldn't buy them because on second thought they look pretty fake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads