1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What highr end jeans makes the lowe rise 8"?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by colubrid, Dec 21, 2012.

1. colubrid

colubrid Member

I am a 31" waist with big thighs.

I see a lot of 9 and 10" low rise and a ton of 10.5-11". But I can't find a high denim with a low rise around 8-8.5" in a 31 waist unless it is a skinny guy fit.

Any suggestions on what brand i need to look at?

No skinny jeans. My legs are big and i have a super small waist (comparativly). So I am looking for something with a low rise and more standard leg size. So far Abercrombie is all I have found to match these criteria. I am just shocked that all these high end compamies either cater to skinny or super high front rise jeans.

2. colubrid

colubrid Member

No low-rise jeans?

Any high end heavy oz denim low rise jeans being made? I don't see them in the known makes like Iron heart, Naked and famous, Nudie ect.

Or do the better cuts just exist on the fashion designer labels like True Religion, RRL , Abercrombie ect ?

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Somet is what you want. 003 = straight leg. Sold at Blue in Green Soho.

4. colubrid

colubrid Member

Thanks so much. I am looking for a pair of these now in 30-31 waist.

It is just odd to me that there are hardly any low rise heavy denim jeans avalaible.

5. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Yes, 8 is the number he typed.
    Yes, he appears to be serious.
    One presumes he understands the proportional meanings of numbers up to 10.
    Perhaps he is "small" -- take him out to dinner first why don't you.
    Maybe he would rather ask a forum full of men about finding men's jeans than wear women's jeans.

Do you feel better now?

6. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

7. karamazov

karamazov Active Member

I wear a size 26 in the Somet 003. I also like the size 26 in Naked & Famous "Slim Girl" (Women's) jeans. ... The N&F "Slim Girl" jeans themselves are genderless ... no luscious ass pocket bedazzling or anything ... Unfortunately, I'm no longer able to find a retailer who's got them ... Everyone carries N&F for men but not for women ... .... ... I too like a low rise, as I find anything with a rise greater than 8.5 ends up unflatteringly sagging sloggily below my at my non-existent ass ... However, there aren't as many selvedge options for women's jeans as there are for men and there aren't very men's jeans with such a low rise ... So you'll have to do some searching ... Best of luck in this endeavor.

8. colubrid

colubrid Member

9. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

The Lee Gold Label 101s used to have an 8.75" rise, although I'm a little unsure of the direction(s) the Lee 101 line has taken. I've seen similar rises on Eurotrash D-Squared jeans.