• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What have so far been the worst fashion crimes you and/or others have committed ?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the eighties were worse than the seventies. And brown suits are cool.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I think the eighties were worse than the seventies. And brown suits are cool.

Shoulder pads , bright colours and Linen suits with rolled up sleeves...

The Eighties were equally bad ...

Dark brown suits are great ..

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you remember this but here goes. When I was in elementary school I wore my Aquaman underoos to school (top only). Kids were yelling UNDERROOS!!!!!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Shoulder pads , bright colours and Linen suits with rolled up sleeves...

The Eighties were equally bad ...

Dark brown suits are great ..

We've got a deal.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We've got a deal.

I have a Rubinacci 2 button sb suit in dark brown and it is a superb suit ...

I have worn it this year when I was tanned and I did receive a lot of compliments from the ladies...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Rubinacci 2 button sb suit in dark brown and it is a superb suit ...

I can't compete with that, but I really like my brown herringbone Caruso. Any pictures of the Rubinacci somewhere on the forum?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't compete with that, but I really like my brown herringbone Caruso. Any pictures of the Rubinacci somewhere on the forum?

I just had this conversation with somebody else about that...

I can send you pictures by email because I'm crap at computer and i don't have a scan but don't count on me to wear the suit on the picture.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had this conversation with somebody else about that...

I can send you pictures by email because I'm crap at computer and i don't have a scan but don't count on me to wear the suit on the picture.

I wasn't counting on that - I am just curious about the fabric, colour, details, and the 'stylistic choices' (sounds horrible, but I hope you understand what I mean) you made. Is posting the pictures on the forum a technical problem (as you say you're 'crap at computer') or do you just prefer not to put them on the forum? In the first case: there must be a simple guide somewhere of how to post pictures on the forum?

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
I used to occasionally wear short sleeved shirts with ties. Now I don't.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't counting on that - I am just curious about the fabric, colour, details, and the 'stylistic choices' (sounds horrible, but I hope you understand what I mean) you made. Is posting the pictures on the forum a technical problem (as you say you're 'crap at computer') or do you just prefer not to put them on the forum? In the first case: there must be a simple guide somewhere of how to post pictures on the forum?

I don't really care as long as I do not have to wear it on the picture making the all thing so unnatural.

I have a few pictures of my suits that I have downloaded on my computer but they're too big to be attached to a reply on SF...
I know it is quite embarassing but I have to learn how to do it because a lot of people want pictures .

My choice? I discovered rubinacci in Mount street thanks to Iammatt and my first suit was a classic grey pinstriped sb 2 roll 3 suit with ticket pocket..Mariano hates 2 button suits..
I was with his daughter Chiara when i picked up the suit and I discovered this fabric ..A very dark brown looking like black..

It was only my second suit and I opted for a classic sb 2/3 button with notch lapels.

I was very happy with them until they increased prices up to £4000 pounds (I paid £3900 for Huntsman 2 months ago) .
As my first suit was £2800 and the second £3000 , I decided to go to Savile Row and Patrick Grant.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Lasbar. The brown suit sounds good.

hostileto

Reaction score
bergenstocks with the crappy wool socks during any season and in the rain

tommyrt

Reaction score
Dolce and Gabbana , 4 button sports coat!

WHAT?!!
... i only button 1 or 2 buttons though!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One Hallowe'en (many years ago) I dressed as Charo.

Once was more than enough.

By the way ... that is the real Charo above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics