• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What have people done to be banned?

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last TO was about six weeks or so for drunkenly calling a member a *****...in DT. It probably wouldnt have been so long but I think the mods forgot about me :plain:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably got a sentence that ran consecutively. Still, that's nothing like getting an IP ban on your home/work/cell IPs. I had to do all sorts of MI stuff to even view the site. The mods went HAM.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My last TO was about six weeks or so for drunkenly calling a member a *****...in DT. It probably wouldnt have been so long but I think the mods forgot about me :plain:

I'm not going to air the details of your TO for all to read, but I will say that no one forgot about you. Your TO was until the beginning of October. It's now October.

-G

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was banned in 2002 for causing the server to crash. I was hanging out at J's house and stuck ******* into an electrical socket. I think you know where that story ends.

multiple male orgasms?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to tell you the story of how I got banned from another forum, which is just like Style Forum except people discuss cats instead of clothes. When I was at work one day, my cat logged onto my account and started insulting all the posters there. What follows is a verbatim transcript of what happened. (Remember that the lines attributed to L'Incandescent are really my cat.)

L'Incandescent: All y'alls are gays besex the ******** of other gays is why your talkin bout cats on the computer, gotta get out the house learn a science or a way.
KittyWisePoundFoolish: Takes one to know one. YOUR GAY!
ConfigDotSissy: Come on guys, let's not get catty, hehehe.
Rat-a-tat-Cat: Yeah whatever, I may have subconscious gay tendencies but at least I got a fine booty!
L'Incandescent: What's your fine booty got to do with the price of sausage?
Rat-a-tat-Cat: The price of sausage is not at issue. That is a irrevelant comment.
L'Incandescent: Hate to break it to you you might have fine booty (doubt it) but your visage is such as to put man to fear, must needs pay for your sausage FACT!
ConfigDotSissy: You are banned for bringing retrograde attitudes to the forum. If Rat-a-tat-Cat pays for his sausage, that's no business of ours.

Last edited:

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is exactly like Styleforum.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is exactly like Styleforum.

+1. There are more than a few members here who put me in mind of Rat-a-tat-Cat. Thankfully, none of the mods are like ConfigDotSissy, who had a mania for keeping out "retrograde attitudes" as well as "retrograde notions."

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

+1. There are more than a few members here who put me in mind of Rat-a-tat-Cat. Thankfully, none of the mods are like ConfigDotSissy, who had a mania for keeping out "retrograde attitudes" as well as "retrograde notions."

Well, I've been looking for a new schtick, so I might co-opt that if Genevieve wouldn't be too upset about it. Irregardless.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, I've been looking for a new schtick, so I might co-opt that if Genevieve wouldn't be too upset about it. Irregardless.

Whose shtick would you be co-opting? If you co-opted Rat-a-tat-Cat's shtick, Genevieve would be happy because she'd have someone to antagonize in her oddly homophobic way. If you adopted ConfigDotSissy's shtick, you'd be very busy banning people. (Man, that guy got on my nerves! Although I'll grant that we might do better to eliminate certain retrograde notions on SF.) And if you adopted Genevieve's shtick, she wouldn't recognize it as shtick; she'd just think that's a normal way for a person to be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads