Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What happens to fake ebay sellers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PHV, Oct 16, 2004.

1. PHV

PHV Senior member

I'm just wondering, since people can duplicate receipts, bags and of course fakes are getting accurate these days, what can you do if you were dupped? A girl in one of my courses bought a vuitton purse with all of the believable trimmings and later found out it was fake... is it basically a wonderfully air tight scam?

2. jeep4wdva

jeep4wdva Member

Tell the young lady to get documentation from a reputable source (LV Authorized seller, etc.) that it is a fake, and then report it to eBay. She may be able to get a refund of her money, and she will definitely get the seller in deep doo-doo.

From the Far Side of the World,
    Bryan
    jeep4wdva

3. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

No offence to your friend but she should have done some checking before buying any LV from ebay. I would be surprised if 1% of what is sold on ebay is real. Unless it is old and tattered it is probably a fake.

The ebay seller can be reported to ebay and they will be banned from selling. The problem is they can just start selling through a different account.

4. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

You cannot do anything to the seller. if the seller can claim virtually anything to get by the problem. It better that the consumer be cautious.

I know its pretty hard to tell authenticity of a small accessaries without verification from experts. But its usually what you pay is what you get. I do not expect LV or Gucci bag be anything around mere $100 US.