• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what happened?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not to be a dick, but it seems styleforum members are losing a bit of style. people are asking opinions about some pretty awful jackets, sneakers, etc. just an observation.

On the plus side, despite some serious displays of bad taste, members' answers have been remarkably polite, so kudos.

I don't have the strenght not to answer like an asshole. Just seems like one too many, "what do you think of stan smiths?" questions. I think they are white sneakers would be my reply.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I wouldn't be too quick to judge. I'm sure a lot of new members are wondering why diesel gets so much hate here and what the hell do we see in APC? Its a matter of being exposed to new things. I always think---just because you don't like it doesn't mean its crap. Thats just conceit. You can't make everyone happy and it'll be foolish to try. I think people are here to learn. Even that sounds arrogant. I mean, what do we know? I guess thats what a forum is for. Just ignore the questions and threads that you think are stupid. Easy enough to do.

razuel

Reaction score
I think from what I've observed it's best to stay a lurker until you've built your wardrobe enough to be respectable to everyone's standards here.

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by razuel
I think from what I've observed it's best to stay a lurker until you've built your wardrobe enough to be respectable to everyone's standards here.

Or at least talk a decent game and then post the WAYWT pics once you build up your wardrobe ...

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Ah, I wouldn't be too quick to judge. I'm sure a lot of new members are wondering why diesel gets so much hate here and what the hell do we see in APC? Its a matter of being exposed to new things. I always think---just because you don't like it doesn't mean its crap. Thats just conceit. You can't make everyone happy and it'll be foolish to try. I think people are here to learn. Even that sounds arrogant. I mean, what do we know? I guess thats what a forum is for. Just ignore the questions and threads that you think are stupid. Easy enough to do.

Indeed. After years of wearing Abercrombie and Gap, I've started to appreciate APC's quality and simplicity now, as well as other brands like W+H, EG, etc. I still can't get into stuff like Dior Homme, Hare, and just generally really drapey stuff, but I can appreciate it.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I blame the lack of wiki. How 'bout it, j?
laugh.gif

Slamdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
not to be a dick, but it seems styleforum members are losing a bit of style. people are asking opinions about some pretty awful jackets, sneakers, etc. just an observation.

their tastes have evolved into a realm in which most people cannot even comprehend. some truly next level style that people like me wont even start to understand until 4 or 5 years from now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads