• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to Sterlingwear?

Bithabus

Reaction score
I ordered a coat 7 weeks ago and have since heard nothing from them. They have ignored three emails, and their phone is always busy. Does anyone know what they are up to?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They took all of your money, got hopped up on crystal meth, and ran to Tijuana with a girl named Mary-Ann.

(aka)

Dunno.

Bithabus

Reaction score
I meant what's going on with the company. Maybe they went out of business, or are all in jail, or something of that sort.

deputamadre

Reaction score
I had the same situation. Ordered a coat in late December... heard nothing from them, so I called last week. First time calling I got through and spoke with two people who said my coat ''just got off the assembly line'' and that they had a shortage of materials for the charcoal gray color coats. Not sure if thats the truth, or they're just lazy. Either way, I got my UPS shipping notification from them today, so hopefully my coat comes before spring.

mendel

Reaction score
Maybe they contracted out their order-taking to Jantzen
smile.gif

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Wow, that's strange, I had really great customer service when I ordered from Sterlingwear, I think the CS representative and I exchanged 2-3 emails before even getting down to ordering. She told me that if they did not have my size in stock, she would put an order in and have it made for me that day! I received my package within 5 days, no problems what-so-ever.

prozach1576

Reaction score
If you're getting a black one, order from that VT Army surplus store that sells them online. It's cheaper and they ship quickly.

Bithabus

Reaction score
Mine is gray too, so maybe they really did run out of fabric. Still it is pretty ****** CS to ignore 3 emails. I'll call them tomorrow again.

ENT

Reaction score
I had the exact same experience that deputamadre described, even down to them saying that mine was coming off the assembly line that day. Mine was also a charcoal grey one. I ended up getting so fed up with them due to the 8 week delay that I canceled my order. The fact that all of us have experienced the same thing seems pretty shady to me.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bithabus
Mine is gray too, so maybe they really did run out of fabric. Still it is pretty ****** CS to ignore 3 emails. I'll call them tomorrow again.

I ordered a gray peacoat last fall and IIRC, I received it within 2-3 weeks. After 10 days and no notice from them I called and they told me non-standard colors (e.g. gray) are all special orders and must be made after they're ordered, hence the delay. Their customer service was OK, but I always called rather than emailing and I would have appreciated knowing about any delays upfront.

I counsel patience and telephone calls for information.

Bithabus

Reaction score
I called today and got through. It took about 5 minutes for them to find my order, and then they asked repeatedly if it was under a different name and promised to call back with tracking information. They never called back but they did email me a UPS shipping notification that says the item is scheduled to be picked up for delivery tomorrow. We'll see.

All of this is very unprofessional and I will never order from this company again.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad service or no, their ****'s the bomb (unless you find that perfect authentic Navy peacoat.)

Cowwoofwoof

Reaction score
Their customer service is horrible, but I can't say i'm not satisfied with my order. They never return emails, but I did get my order within 4 days of ordering.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, remember that Sterlingwear is a manufacturer, not in the retail business. Their webstore seems an afterthought addition to their business. I don't expect them to have good customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics