• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to Malford of London?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
His stuff is definitely not as good as before, and pricing is not as good (not really their problem, more of a sourcing problem)

Nolkan

Reaction score
And annoying.

I admire people who, despite the lack of contact with the seller, would wait patiently for a few weeks and wouldn't try different methods of contact. And finally, they would accept clothes that don't fit on them, as part of an apology.

I'm glad you didn't have problems shopping in Malford. But try to understand people who had such problems.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire people who, despite the lack of contact with the seller, would wait patiently for a few weeks and wouldn't try different methods of contact. And finally, they would accept clothes that don't fit on them, as part of an apology.

I'm glad you didn't have problems shopping in Malford. But try to understand people who had such problems.

Hi Nolkan,

Just to clarify, we have not asked you to accept the wrong goods by way of an apology. We have refunded you in full, along with the money you have lost in the currency conversion and advised you that you can keep the incorrect items as a gesture of good will.

I appreciate the kind words from other members but the truth is that there was an unacceptable delay in getting back to this customer and we do apologise for that.

Hopefully now this situation has been resolved and if anybody else has had issues with orders or communication, please pm me or send an email and we will get back to you in a timely fashion.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Nolkan,

Just to clarify, we have not asked you to accept the wrong goods by way of an apology. We have refunded you in full, along with the money you have lost in the currency conversion and advised you that you can keep the incorrect items as a gesture of good will.

I appreciate the kind words from other members but the truth is that there was an unacceptable delay in getting back to this customer and we do apologise for that.

Hopefully now this situation has been resolved and if anybody else has had issues with orders or communication, please pm me or send an email and we will get back to you in a timely fashion.

I think we all got annoyed because the demands were starting to get a little ridiculous. That said, seems like you went above and beyond to fix it.

Nolkan

Reaction score

That's right. However, I haven't yet received the difference resulting from currency conversion.

But I also want to explain to othertravel (and Patrick R) that I don't want things that don't suit me.
The user othertravel probably doesn't know that when the user Wild Strawberry Rabbit described in the affiliate thread his problems, you wrote back that he got extra money (it turned out that it was probably a few euros or GBP, which he still had to spend).
I don't want you to write later that, as part of an apology, you gave me things that in the real world would not be useful to me anyway, and that everything was fine. Because it would sound like you would give me something extra, when in reality we just just settled for what I spent.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's right. However, I haven't yet received the difference resulting from currency conversion.

But I also want to explain to othertravel (and Patrick R) that I don't want things that don't suit me.
The user othertravel probably doesn't know that when the user Wild Strawberry Rabbit described in the affiliate thread his problems, you wrote back that he got extra money (it turned out that it was probably a few euros or GBP, which he still had to spend).
I don't want you to write later that, as part of an apology, you gave me things that in the real world would not be useful to me anyway, and that everything was fine. Because it would sound like you would give me something extra, when in reality we just just settled for what I spent.

Hi Nolkan,

I do not understand fully what you are saying here but rest assured your original payment has been refunded in full and also you can keep the items we sent you in error by way of an apology.

I have received your email regarding the money you have lost in currency conversion from the refund and have requested that to be paid to you via PayPal. If you are saying this has not happened, I will of course chase this up for you.

I can understand your frustration with the order but sometimes, mistakes do happen and I am trying to recompensate you in the only way I have available.

Kind regards

Nolkan

Reaction score
I have received your email regarding the money you have lost in currency conversion from the refund and have requested that to be paid to you via PayPal. If you are saying this has not happened, I will of course chase this up for you.

I didn't want to pay back by paypal. I didn't pay via paypal but with a credit card.
Can you show the screen of this email?

I can understand your frustration with the order but sometimes, mistakes do happen and I am trying to recompensate you in the only way I have available.

I do not want any additional compensation, I am only asking for a refund of my money.

Nolkan

Reaction score
Yesterday I received all the money for an unfinished order. The case was completed.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of those threads maybe mods would consider removing... it started one way and just went south. No real benefit to the Forum...

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe, instead, the thread might remain but being used for its original purpose: allowing a good dealer to show his goods and the customers to ask questions and give opinions and advice.
This way, I think, it would be so useful.
Don't you think so sir?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads