• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what good brands are suitable for a 26 yr old guy?

vactor

Reaction score
I'm from Los angeles,ca and all guys around here where hip hop clothes...sports jerseys ...etc. dont get me wrong I love those things too....but those clothes are for high school kids....whats a good brand for me.. a 26 year old young adult

Siggy

Reaction score
What's a good brand for you? WTF kinda question is that?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton.

If you can't wear exclusively Kiton then you should just go back to A&F/Gap/BR stuff.

As a last resort, you can go with Rubinacci.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Hello Vactor,

The semantics of the word "brand" here is one of something concocted with focus groups of people filling out questionaires, market research, positioning, "lifestyle" targeting etc. For the most part we try to look past the marketing and heavily advertised junk and use overall quailty as a more meaningful metric with a focus on the manufacturer, not the label.

So what do you like to wear?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jeezzzzzzzzz siggy, dont jump on the kid... Vactor - think about how much money you have to drop on some nicer things... stick around here, learn what's up, get in on a "frenzy" or two... Furthermore, focus on your clothing "FITTING" properly. Just so you can relate, take a look a Diddy or Jay Z, his/their suits fit well. footwear: consider dress shoes. there are some really nice ones out there for a reasonable price. think Brown colors for footwear. Avoid black shoes unless you are a Lawyer (for court), or you have very formal dress requirements. If I were you, I would consider these shoes below: http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani...1%7C240%3A1318 http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani...1%7C240%3A1318 Socks: check out this forum's Buy and Selling area for upscale socks for less... you can often get one pair for ~$10 to 15, which is a bargain compared to retail price. Otherwise, look at Sierra Trading Post for Falke or Pantherella socks. For slacks: Seriously, this depends on your body cut. If you have thinner thighs and a smaller ass, you should consider checking out www.Yoox.com (click the little ad on this webpage) and figure out what pants you like. When the super sales happen, you can get incotex and mabitex slacks for $50 from there. Just note, these pants run and fit slim, no matter the waist size. Shirts: You can measure yourself and order from www.JantzenTailor.com where you can pick your fabric and put in your measurements. About 4 to 6 weeks later and $50, you get your custom shirt. Of course you can go many other routes, and it's hard to pick fabrics online, but, if it works, it works well. Blazers/suits - go to target and find a suit that fits closely, with a dress shirt and undershirt on. Remember, fit is key. Target allows you to mix and match suit jackets and pants, so you can find something that works well for you off the rack for about $120 out the door. Once you get / or if you have, more money, look at Brooks Brothers in the store and get measured for a suit/ have a sales associate help you get a suit that fits properly. Ties - you can find some decent 100% silk ones at Target for $25. Or consider buying from the Buy and Selling forums on here. Pocket Squares - go to a filene's basement or such and get them for about $15 each there. Belt - Marshalls/TJ Maxx - find one that matches the new shoes you have in color. This is a simple guide to get you started...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads