• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What gives? Why do my shirts from MT keep doing this?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of dress shirts from MT and most of them keep having the same problem. There is this X crease centered on the 2nd button and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried: increasing the yoke/shoulder width increasing the chest width increasing my body build option from slim to average and it didn't work, what is going on, it is not like there isn't enough material on the shirts I have now and my chest isn't the muscular type so this problem on my shirts just shouldn't be happening and it is ridiculous. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this. I am not happy at all with these shirts. (edit: this is not a pic of the actual shirt, just a google pic)
7274.jpg

alexanduh

Reaction score
An actual photo of you with said creasing displayed would be more helpful unless that is you in which case I can't see the creasing.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds like you have square, forward pitched shoulders

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone else have advice?

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Sounds like you have square, forward pitched shoulders

This.

I suffer from the same thing, i'm pretty large framed and my shirts tend to crease as you describe, if i stand in the mirror and pull my shoulders back the creases dissapear, very frustrating.

Chris.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Forward-pitched shoulders are increasingly common these days, often as a result from years of bad posture, e.g., being hunched forward while sitting at a computer for ten hours a day.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe fetishisisisist
This.

I suffer from the same thing, i'm pretty large framed and my shirts tend to crease as you describe, if i stand in the mirror and pull my shoulders back the creases dissapear, very frustrating.

Chris.

I have the opposite problem with these shirts, if I pull my shoulders back or stand still there are creases, if I pitch my shoulders forward then the creases disappear. What the hell?

MT should have a mid armhole chest input option, their armholes are way too curved, do people from China have their arms dangling in FRONT of their chests, these shirts are ridiculous.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good someone made a thread about this. Wearing a MT shirt right now and having the same problem at the third button. None of my other shirts do this except MT. It does seem like the armholes are messed up.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
if it is that slight pull at the top chest part i always thought that was a good fit for slim shirts. i like that pull across the chest/clavicle area toward the shoulder. it kind of give the visual of a more V shaped athletic look .

Yeah, there is just a slight pull. I think it must be the arm holes on mine. This feels much different than my bespoke and AC shirts. Something else is weird too. It seems like the placket between the buttons opens up a lot instead of lying flat against my torso. They sometimes open up and show a bit of skin.
uhoh.gif

Are you guys having this problem?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Its pulling at the button. Thats the answer. Whats the cause? I don't know.

Try a different shirt maker is my suggestion.

Yes, it is pulling at the button. I thought that was very very obvious based on my first post, but I can confirm it here for the people who are slow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads