• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Gaziano & Girling models are you ordering at the trunk show?

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nor these Kojis:

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scafora shoes are glue-free

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best advertisement -- they look pretty wooden

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the shoes, finished and unfinished, in this photo:
22.jpg
Except the wholecut. Not yet, at least.

AAA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
In the case of people flirting with bespoke, fit should not be an issue, consideriong GandGs' respective reputations.

True, but in the interest of full disclosure, my second pair of shoes from Tony fit much better than the first. FWIW I would suggest only ordering one pair to start.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AAA
True, but in the interest of full disclosure, my second pair of shoes from Tony fit much better than the first. FWIW I would suggest only ordering one pair to start.

Interesting; why do you think that is? and equally curious, why did you order a second pair if the first didn't work? were the first pair bespoke? (and, if so, weren't the second pair made from the same last????) Can't imagine that I'd spend thousands on a second pair after the first pair didn't work.

(reminds me of the saying that one definition of "crazy" is doing the same thing but expecting different results; not saying you're crazy, but am really curious about how this came about)

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think G&G and Scafora are completely different styles and appeal to different taste. I don`t see what`s the use of comparing them when it seems the only thing they have in common is that they`re both travelling to the U.S.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
I think G&G and Scafora are completely different styles and appeal to different taste. I don`t see what`s the use of comparing them when it seems the only thing they have in common is that they`re both travelling to the U.S.

Entirely agree.

AAA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
Interesting; why do you think that is? and equally curious, why did you order a second pair if the first didn't work? were the first pair bespoke? (and, if so, weren't the second pair made from the same last????) Can't imagine that I'd spend thousands on a second pair after the first pair didn't work.

(reminds me of the saying that one definition of "crazy" is doing the same thing but expecting different results; not saying you're crazy, but am really curious about how this came about)

I didnt say the first pair didnt work. They actually fit quite well. My next pair, however, fit even better. And the third are even slightly better than the second, etc.... Yes, they were bespoke, and yes they were on my same last. Tony does a nice job incorporating feedback from one pair to the next if you take the time to give it to him.

For me anyway, this pattern of susequent shoes/suits/shirts fitting better than the previous one holds true for all my bespoke clothing. YMMV.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AAA
I didnt say the first pair didnt work. They actually fit quite well. My next pair, however, fit even better. And the third are even slightly better than the second, etc.... Yes, they were bespoke, and yes they were on my same last. Tony does a nice job incorporating feedback from one pair to the next if you take the time to give it to him.

For me anyway, this pattern of susequent shoes/suits/shirts fitting better than the previous one holds true for all my bespoke clothing. YMMV.

Glad to hear that, and appreciate you following up.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The majority of RTW shoemakers glue on a piece of linen ( called a ' feather ' ) to the bottom of the insole ( which in turn is attached to the bottom of the upper). This ' feather ' is where the sole of the shoe is stiched onto the upper part of the shoe. In Scafora shoes there's nothing glued on. The ' feather ' in his shoes is carved directly from a thicker insole. Therefore there is a direct attachment of the sole to the upper, wth no risk of glue failure. (C)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Personally, I think the French offer a more unqiue design although none travel.
Whom do you have in mind?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Whom do you have in mind?
Corthay, Aubercy, Antony Delos, as well as Altan Bottier, Marc Guyot, and Dmitri Gomez all offer a subdued elegant take two on the English traditions. And of course, Berluti has to be mentioned, bar their middling RTW reputation but I suppose, it's a question of style over substance. The Italians also like to give their own twist but twist & pull are usually more their metier.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get onto Koju Suzuki's client list?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads