• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what fragrance is best now?

smmea

Reaction score
My all time fragrance preference is Chanel Antaeus. When I have that fragrance on, the girls seem to fall on their knees beging for a pasionate flirt. If I have to change whatt could it be? What other fragrances are clearly distinctive and worth buying. The armani mania I had, was a fail.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acqua di Gio has the contract for me.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
This is a tough one, as different skins react with different scents, etc. For me, I like Polo Black in the winter.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This def the wrong forum. The body consciousness subforum would be better.
I've also found basenotes.net to be extremely helpful when it comes to fragrance choices.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Basenotes is an excellent reference, as is the rec. to look in Body Consciousness. There are currently 5-6 fragrance threads going now.

As for Acqua di gio... it's very popular, but it's like the Fragrance world equivalent of KC square toed shoes.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Basenotes is an excellent reference, as is the rec. to look in Body Consciousness. There are currently 5-6 fragrance threads going now.

As for Acqua di gio... it's very popular, but it's like the Fragrance world equivalent of KC square toed shoes.

I was Executive Assistant to the President Annette Green at The Fragrance Foundation a few years when I was coming up. I know a few things about fragrance. For me, ADG got the contract.

That's all I stated.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I was Executive Assistant to the President Annette Green at The Fragrance Foundation a few years when I was coming up. I know a few things about fragrance. For me, ADG got the contract. That's all I stated.
Not trying to pick on you... but genuinely curious: What is it about AdG that was so much better than others? Better than some of Creeds aquatic offerings? Better than Montale Fougeres Marine? Miyake? etc. There are TONS of marine scents on the market now... I'm just curious why AdG gets your vote. It seems to me AdG is one of the most consistently overpriced, overmarketed, overhyped, overproduced, most watered down synthetic aquatics you can find.

EricE.

Reaction score
as i know from my boston visit a few months ago, americans dont like "heavy" fragrances, i have to tell you, that in wintertime a heavy fragrance seems to be a perfect choice to me.
i would surely go with ambre beldessarini.
but everything depents on taste, as usual.

greets, eric

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gucci pour homme 1, or Acqua di Parma

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
Gucci pour homme 1,

^Good one. Gucci PH is a wonderful one for winter; manly, dark, rich, and sexy. Tom Ford's fragrances that he oversaw for YSL and Gucci were really top-notch... from YSL Rive Gauche PH to Gucci PH to Envy to YSL Cinema... they were all unique and quite nice.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally cannot stand the smell of ADG. Makes me feel ill.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A great, powerful winter cologne is Oscar de la Renta's Pour Lui. Talking about something that lasts . . .

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
Gucci pour homme 1, or Acqua di Parma

I like the Aqua di Parma choice. Rare and it smells good. Also, you can't go wrong with anything from Creed. Creed stays with me all day long- doesn't fade.

yawn123_#21

Reaction score
I use D&G Light Blue. sometimes Burberry london by burberry.
light blue my fav. ADG gives me a headache. i like polo black.

It's mostly up to your own preference. The main thing is never bathe in it. overusing cologne turns anything fragrance bad.

Pariolino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Not trying to pick on you... but genuinely curious:

What is it about AdG that was so much better than others? Better than some of Creeds aquatic offerings? Better than Montale Fougeres Marine? Miyake? etc. There are TONS of marine scents on the market now... I'm just curious why AdG gets your vote. It seems to me AdG is one of the most consistently overpriced, overmarketed, overhyped, overproduced, most watered down synthetic aquatics you can find.

Are you saying you don't like Eau de Sweaty Douchetard Club in Joisey?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads