• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What food/drink keeps you full for the majority of the day?

kitson

Reaction score
I love to eat! I play tennis which keeps me in shape, but i eat a lot as well. For breakfast i eat 2 eggs with toast and oatmeal, but im hungry like an hour later. And it's the same for everything else I've tried.
Is there any drink or specific food that has kept you full for a while?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eat more fat, and not the mcdonalds type. bacon, mayonaise etc. it keeps me going on two meals a day.

JDMFanatic

Reaction score
Protein really helps with satiety (your feeling of fullness). Eat a good lean protein source and you should be feeling full for a while (i.e. chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, lean beef, etc.).

Verniza

Reaction score
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]
You'll probably last for days after eating one.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Protein really helps with satiety (your feeling of fullness). Eat a good lean protein source and you should be feeling full for a while (i.e. chicken breast, turkey breast, tuna, lean beef, etc.).

+1. Protein.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem when I snacked mostly on fruits and vegetables. As previously mentioned, fat and protein do a good job satisfying hunger. I usually start my day with a glass of skim milk and some plain greek yogurt a little later, right before leaving for work. As I work through the day I snack on nuts, usually almonds (half a handful no more). Sometimes I make small meatballs with seasoned turkey for snacking. Otherwise I keep a stash of protein shakes (EAS) and protein bars. I can stash a protein bar in my pocket and sneak a small bite here and there. In that sense, I basically eat my way through the day. If I want a meal to tide me over for a while, I go for a big breakfast, three eggs, sausage or bacon, toast, and Heinz 57 beans.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mutton, beef, potatoes, cabbage, long onions, garlic, hard boiled eggs and Mongolian milk tea, that's what keeps me going.

Last edited:

normadil

Reaction score
Try to eat 6-8 meals a day. Smaller meals than you're used to. This will keep your metabolism running and hopefully remove any feeling of being hungry

DannyJman

Reaction score
If you have scoops of Protein, your body tends to store it and you don't feel hungry thoughout the day..The only problem is when you are constantly sitting down, you eventually start gaining hunger.

They say try to eat small portion of meals a day .
Breakfast - That keeps me good until 3 in the afternoon, keeps at a good rate.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steel cut oatmeal, with maple syrup, whole milk, and walnuts.

I can eat a bowl of this stuff in the morning, and go all day without being hungry again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads