• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What food are you craving, RIGHT NOW?

bumper crop

Reaction score
heh, i am the celiac asthmatic kid with the lazy eye, so i crave all the things i can't have. bread, cake, bread, fried clams, bread, jalapeno poppers, bread, etc...

but right now, i'd really like a guiness and some good fish and chips.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
heh- not criticizing...
I know you're not. I was just confused as to why you found dry fish roe more surprising than, say, the sea urchin roe mentioned in the first posts.

There's was no such thing as carrot cake where I grew up - but my dad always had a couple of bottargas in the kitchen.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irish soda bread with a nice bit of kerry gold on it.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I know you're not. I was just confused as to why you found dry fish roe more surprising than, say, the sea urchin roe mentioned in the first posts.

There's was no such thing as carrot cake where I grew up - but my dad always had a couple of bottargas in the kitchen.

Gotcha- and as to sea urchin roe... it garners the same reaction from me.
laugh.gif

Cavalier

Reaction score
pastrami sandwich on rye with swiss and deli mustard .... or a lot of really delicious, meaty bacon... or a delicious brisket sandwich, or ribs....

Monaco

Reaction score
some chili cheese fries would be awesome right now, southern smoked bbq baby back ribs and orange bang.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

I know that being in NYC you probably aren't concerned with this, but do you know of any reliable internet stores or places that will mail me bottarga?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vietnamese sandwich on a baguette with jalapenos.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Homemade layered cake (a-la Napoleon) with home made cream, roasted walnuts and dry cranberries with chocolate glazing on top.

Home baked, open face bitter lemon pie.

Osetra caviar with French crepes and sour cream + some cold vodka.

Permanent Georgian food craving at all times.
blush.gif

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a lobster grilled-cheese sandwich yesterday (lobster, cheddar and brie), I could go for another one right now.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I know that being in NYC you probably aren't concerned with this, but do you know of any reliable internet stores or places that will mail me bottarga?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. My dad usually brings a couple when he visits us - he's my sole source of bottarga

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had a great bowl of ramen from a Yatai trailer ... Really hit the spot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics