• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Five Years on Styleforum Did For My Style

singlechange

Reaction score
After five plus years on Styleforum......Steven Hitchcock 3 rolled into 2 bespoke suit, bespoke Geneva New York shirt, Sunspel V neck undershirt, Drakes necktie, Crockett & Jones black wintip balmorals in Last 337, Simonnot pocket square, vintage 10 carat gold Glycine manual wind watch, vintage circa 1980's Persol eyeglass. I believe everything except the Glycine watch was sourced from eBay. The watch was found at a local thrift store and restored by a good watchmaker. I came to Styleforum quite late in life in my mid 50's. My likes and dislikes took time to evolve.

Last edited:

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Singlechange,
You've helped my style as well. I've been lucky enough to be the first to respond to several of your items in the B&S. Great items at great prices. Thank you, sir!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
0000004055_20060919214719.jpg

Kidding aside, looks good

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Me too. I'm a (mafoo) fan of bold specs.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
singlechange, any "before" pics of you wearing something like wal-mart jeans and a campbell soup "chunky soup" sweater?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 to singlechange being a generous seller. great guy. well put together as well

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind what 5 yr on SF did for my style, I know what 1.5 yr on SF have done for my wallet. :)

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Thats a seriously nice suit. Although I've never understood contrast collars overall this sings
After five plus years on Styleforum......Steven Hitchcock 3 rolled into 2 bespoke suit, bespoke Geneva New York shirt, Sunspel V neck undershirt, Drakes necktie, Crockett & Jones black wintip balmorals in Last 337, Simonnot pocket square, vintage 10 carat gold Glycine manual wind watch, vintage circa 1980's Persol eyeglass. I believe everything except the Glycine watch was sourced from eBay. The watch was found at a local thrift store and restored by a good watchmaker. I came to Styleforum quite late in life in my mid 50's. My likes and dislikes took time to evolve.

tone76

Reaction score

Never mind what 5 yr on SF did for my style, I know what 1.5 yr on SF have done for my wallet. :)

Ain't that the truth!

I have to say that 1 year on, my sense of style has improved dramatically. However, I know I'm still at least 3 or 4 years away from being properly stylish, and even then I'm not sure if I'll be that close to the quintessential conservative business dress style that SF values so highly. I should probably take a few fit photos in the near future, and then look at them again in 3 years time.

singlechange is definitely an inspiration to us all. He's looking pretty damn sharp in his original post.

clintonf

Reaction score
Good look. I too would like to "Voice" my opinion about Singlechange and some of his spectacular deals. I've missed most of them, but I have managed to purchase some very nice stuff from him.

Thank you and your look is great

Clint

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A very decent looking photo although impossible to assess fit. Those Michael Caine glasses do you no favors and I don't understand how you can get a bespoke suit and shirt from eBay???

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Michael Caine glasses do you no favors

I have to disagree. Singlechange is rocking those glasses supreme. They are a balanced combination of 'bold but fun' and look great on him.
I would wager that if he smiles in them the effect wil be pure movie star.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads