• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what fits like a hanes tagless?

Antler4641

Reaction score
Hey forum members,

I've recently been wearing these cheap Hanes tagless t-shirts. I think they were like 6 bucks for a three pack. To my surprise, it's my favorite fit for a t-shirt I've ever found. I have really fallen for them. Unfortunately, there are some obvious quality issues with the shirts. I was wondering if anyone else likes the fit of these shirts and has found other tees that are of higher quality (and maybe more than just white, but I don't care much about color). I like how short the sleeves are and how the body isn't as tapered as AA and how they are nice and heavy. I find AA tees to be pretty uncomfortable and to not look so good on me. I guess I want something more basic, so I hope it's not too hard to find. I'm more than willing to pay for a quality version of this t-shirt, so please let me know if you have any tips. I'd feel weird trying to get a tailor to make hanes tagless repros but it might come to that. Anyone know what I mean?

greentea

Reaction score
skip all that,look for t-shirts made by pure stuff - its kind of hard to find .
they had a bunch in nordstorm,but theyre all gone now. i bought two pairs of white t's ,theyre 100% pima cotton. the best cotton ever made. feels like silk .,

inlove.gif

viking_mike

Reaction score
hah...last time i was in nordstrom in the winter they had them on sale for $5 a pop...they didn't have my size though
frown.gif

greentea

Reaction score
yeah everybody swooped on mediums. they had the 4th july sale, and all was left was xxl

Antler4641

Reaction score
Hmm... that's pretty interesting. I remember seeing the pure stuff shirts on nordstrom.com a while back. Thanks for the tip. Any other ideas, maybe some stuff that isn't as hard to find?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not big on Hanes, but I like the fit of the Fruit of the Loom undershirts a hundred times better than AA.

greentea

Reaction score
i dunno,but once i went pima i never went back to regular cotton. im trying to find more brands that utilizie pima on underwears,like boxers, tank top, socks.

laugh.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to wear Hanes tagless for my workouts. It's not too loose, not too tight, and so cheap I don't mind lying on the gym floor to do my crunches.

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Pretty sure "pure stuff" is a nordstrom house brand. Check back soon, they'll have more... whether they'll be the same shirts, I dunno.

It is their house brand. I haven't bought any recently - I prefer AA, myself - but I was buying Pure Stuff for a couple of years and the quality was consistent. The colors change from season to season.

randomtw

Reaction score
sorry for semi-jacking ur thread but do the hanes undershirts shrink at all?

Antler4641

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomtw

Don't worry about the threadjacking. It's a good question. I haven't washed my hanes yet, but I'll let you know when I get around to it if nobody answers first. Keep in mind, I bought these shirts to begin with to put off doing the wash, so I really don't know when I'm actually going to do that.

Also, I was wondering what people have experienced with Calvin Klein t-shirts? Right now I'm considering their basic 3-pack and also their Pima t-shirt. (http://www.cku.com/index.cfm/fuseact...-2ad3d3c0e1eb/ and http://www.cku.com/index.cfm/fuseact...-de5de52808ec/) How do they fit compared to the Hanes?

I think I'm going to order a few of those next so if nobody else knows I'll report back. I also have a similar figure to the curly hair guy on the calvin klein website which makes me feel good about them as a possibility.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomtw
I wear hanes undershirts alot, since I don't find the need for a hanro or zimmerli when they yellow easily (sorry I'm susceptible to pitstains)

They will fit loose at first, then shrink into a good fit after the first wash.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
The nicest 'feeling' t-shirts that I have owned have come from Club Monaco. if you are looking for a basic form fitting Tee, it's hard to beat. You'll never want anything to touch your skin - and they are cheap (when on sale).

blackgrass

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Hanes but I do like the Fruit of the Loom tagless shirts. The Hanes I have shrunk and are barely long enough to tuck in if I want to go that route. The Fruit of the Loom shirts didn't seem to shrink up so much and seem to hold their color.

I actually worked at temp job at Hanes back in college. I've probably had my hands on more women's panties that any of you!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads