What Ever Happened to High-Rise Jeans for Men?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by themaskedcorndog, Jan 1, 2010.

1. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

2. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

are those really high rise? They look more like 9-10" or medium to me. Yes Levis always changes thier jeans apparently.

3. themaskedcorndog

Way higher than anything I own, but I guess I'd have to check the rise on mine. But I only ever see low rise jeans being worn around.

4. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

They died around the same time the hippies made their tragic departure. The world has been equally hollow ever since.

5. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Yeah, those kinds of jeans are great. I think some Japanese company makes a repro of the Lee 101's that James Dean was wearing in Rebel without a Cause. IIRC, LVC 1967 505's sit pretty high as well. Imperials also have a high rise, but the way they sit on the hips makes them look more like a mid or low rise jean.

6. themaskedcorndog

They died around the same time the hippies made their tragic departure. The world has been equally hollow ever since.

Word.

Yeah, those kinds of jeans are great. I think some Japanese company makes a repro of the Lee 101's that James Dean was wearing in Rebel without a Cause. IIRC, LVC 1967 505's sit pretty high as well. Imperials also have a high rise, but the way they sit on the hips makes them look more like a mid or low rise jean.

Does the way they sit on the hips sort of vary depending on one's body type? I'm very skinny and pretty tall. 6'1" and 140 lbs. I'm lookin' to get some jeans into which I could tuck a white tee and roll a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve. Just kidding, sort of, but I do really dig the high rise look. The jeans from all of the aforementioned films also look pretty skinny, which is maybe just an effect of the high rise?

7. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Get Levi's 501s and have the legs taken in.

8. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

^ Yeah that works, amazing what slimming the bottom block of 501s can do. Cool jeans for almost free.

9. themaskedcorndog

Oh, that's an excellent idea. Thanks.

10. Desi

Desi Senior member

1966 Levis Super Slim? They are skinny jeans though. One of my favorites.

11. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Word.

Does the way they sit on the hips sort of vary depending on one's body type? I'm very skinny and pretty tall. 6'1" and 140 lbs. I'm lookin' to get some jeans into which I could tuck a white tee and roll a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve. Just kidding, sort of, but I do really dig the high rise look. The jeans from all of the aforementioned films also look pretty skinny, which is maybe just an effect of the high rise?

At 6'1" and a buck forty I'd hate to see you further jeopardize your health by smoking. Eat a big steak and some mashed 'taters instead.

12. ataru

ataru Senior member

I have the edwin/lee repros of the old 101z and 101b. Great jeans, very high rise. There is little or no taper to them however, which makes for a wide leg (the 101b more than the 101z). Perfect for use with big boots like engineers, but otherwise can be tricky.

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

i was looking around for something with a full rise and slim legs on the cheap a while back, and i ended up settling for a pair of levis 501 stf's one size down from my true waist. i kinda wish the legs were a bit slimmer, and the ass was a bit less baggy, but i'm happy with them.

14. themaskedcorndog

At 6'1" and a buck forty I'd hate to see you further jeopardize your health by smoking. Eat a big steak and some mashed 'taters instead.

The other night I ate 2 burritos plus chips and guac at chipotle. I eat a lot, just don't gain weight. Weird.

15. Veggie

Veggie Well-Known Member

The other night I ate 2 burritos plus chips and guac at chipotle. I eat a lot, just don't gain weight. Weird.

Well that isn't really bad if you are working out. If you were consuming a crap load of chocolate bars/sugars and not gaining weight, then I'd be confused.