1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What else can I wear for summer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chrisc, Apr 22, 2006.

1. chrisc

chrisc Well-Known Member

Ok, so hot weather is officially here. And since we're on this topic, I'll like to add that I hate hot weather (meaning I don't consider summer as one of my favorite seasons. But I do love winter!)

So besides the usual polos and the light dress shirt, what else can I wear? I can't seem to find anything else that will add at least a little variety. Since it can be so damn freaking hot (see my love?), I can't really layer clothing. And considering that I'm just a college student, I only find a few moments where I can shine with a nice dress shirt and tie. Which mostly leaves polos and t-shirts. (yay [​IMG] )

Any other ideas?

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

I've got one word for you son, Linen.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Ok, so hot weather is officially here. And since we're on this topic, I'll like to add that I hate hot weather (meaning I don't consider summer as one of my favorite seasons. But I do love winter!)

So besides the usual polos and the light dress shirt, what else can I wear? I can't seem to find anything else that will add at least a little variety. Since it can be so damn freaking hot (see my love?), I can't really layer clothing. And considering that I'm just a college student, I only find a few moments where I can shine with a nice dress shirt and tie. Which mostly leaves polos and t-shirts. (yay [​IMG] )

Any other ideas?

Linen is always a fine option, both shirts and trousers. And a seersucker jacket could probably work within your wardrobe, unless that's too much layering for you.

4. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior Member

I agree with the previous posters on linen and seeruscker. Many great looks can be made from both fabrics. I only have one pair of linen pants and a few seersucker items and they are great for summer. A seersucker suit is a great item to have for summer.[​IMG]

5. thmeky

thmeky Member

My idea of an ultimate summer outfit consists of this:

linen or cotton/linen Incotex trousers

a nice MTM shirt from a sea island cotton (very comfortable in the hotter seasons)

suede loafers

a unconstructed (no lining) sportcoat from linen and/or cotton

I would skip the seersucker

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Distinguished Member

Hello. Your focus is on shirts?

Seersucker in other forms in New York might look strange, but it makes a good shirt choice.

As suggested by others, linen works well.

You also have options like silk and blends of cotton with linen or silk.

If you're wearing undershirts, silk-weight helps.

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Hello. Your focus is on shirts?

Seersucker in other forms in New York might look strange, but it makes a good shirt choice.

Funny, I would never wear a seersucker shirt. Coat yes, shirt no.

8. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Funny, I would never wear a seersucker shirt. Coat yes, shirt no.

Seersucker doesn't have to come in the stripes we all associate with seersucker suits. I have several plaid seersucker shirts that are a nice casual look and keep me feeling cool.

9. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

a vest unassociated with a suit

thin wale corduroy slacks

leather sandals with Burmese python detailing