• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What *don't* you wear?

cnyman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't wear denim jackets and also shirts with short sleeves.

heartlessphil

Reaction score

Perhaps it never gets above 80 degrees F in Montreal? That's Canada, can be a rather cold place isn't it? He also lists that he doesn't wear shorts, sandals/flip-flops or any kind of surfing clothes. AFAIK there's no surfing in Quebec province. No need for any kind of surfing gear in Inner Mongolia either, it's landlocked.

I meant to say shirts with short sleeve, not t-shirts....
By the way it's as hot as in NYC in montreal... 105 F last week

About the surf clothes...even if we don't have any place to practice the sport lol, lots of people like the ''style'' :-(
i'm talking about oneil shorts, billabong t-shirts, white shell necklace, flip flops, oakley sunglasses...you get the picture?

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never wear shorts ,trainers ,sport shirts if I don't do sport..

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gradually phasing out my denim trousers. Used to wear them all the time. Now I have two pairs that linger in the back of my closet and gets used when I work in the garden or work on my car. Besides, they are not that comfortable anyway.....

Never wear bowties outside of white tie (never done black tie). I tried bowties for daily wear, but I just look like a dork...

Never wear "funny socks".

newprep

Reaction score
I generally don't wear any shirts with cover art, and don't really wear jeans.

Dionysus

Reaction score
I tend to abhor short sleeves shirts, shorts (i tried to figure it out, but I can't recall a single occasion i wore them, even in my early childhood), and everything recalls to me the idea of the ghetto-hiphop fashion. Therefore, sometimes I feel the urge to throw in my fireplace baseball caps, incongrous chains and very loose pants. No need to mention overdimensioned trainers.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't wear designer brands that have typos and Chinglish phrases. Although most people don't seem to notice it, I do.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics