• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does one month on SF get you?

Tobacco Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Two nights ago I was watching a movie with the girlfriend and a man in a suit was sitting at a high desk with his arms on the top of the desk. His suit was rising up on his shoulders like crazy. Of course I notice these things, but then the girlfriend was like, "I think his armholes are way too big."

So ******** her.

Hahahahaha just laughed out loud at work.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.

Ties, bowties, sport coats......

And I'm an undergrad student in Edmonton, AB. I should be either in sweatpants and hoodies (to be the typical undergrad student) or be in flannel, worn out jeans and cowboy boots (to be the typical Edmontonian).

(Edmontonians, I jest.) Somewhat.

stillerfan07

Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...2&postcount=41

There's really not that big of a difference b/w AE and EG. EG has amazing antiquing though.

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm still happy with my AE's, and I don't plan on upgrading to higher quality shoes for a while yet (altough I told myself the same thing when I "upgraded" from Kenneth Cole Reaction to Kenneth Cole New York pre-SF). They serve their purpose very well and I think they look great. I'm not quite ready to start unloading $400-$500+ on a pair of shoes yet, but the way things are going I assume I will get there someday.

I'm not sure if this is the norm, but the other guys in my office are usually dressed horrendously, and I'm already known to many as the best dressed man in the office. A pair of Strands gain a lot of attention around here, because nobody has even heard of anything as good as AE. I couldn't hold a candle to most of the fits that get posted in WAYWRN and the weekly challenges, so that just shows you how badly the others dress here.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a rather good thread here on things you wish you'd known when getting into this, re: style.

Some excellent posts. Can't seem to find it now, however.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm still happy with my AE's, and I don't plan on upgrading to higher quality shoes for a while yet (altough I told myself the same thing when I "upgraded" from Kenneth Cole Reaction to Kenneth Cole New York pre-SF). They serve their purpose very well and I think they look great. I'm not quite ready to start unloading $400-$500+ on a pair of shoes yet, but the way things are going I assume I will get there someday.

I'm not sure if this is the norm, but the other guys in my office are usually dressed horrendously, and I'm already known to many as the best dressed man in the office. A pair of Strands gain a lot of attention around here, because nobody has even heard of anything as good as AE. I couldn't hold a candle to most of the fits that get posted in WAYWRN and the weekly challenges, so that just shows you how badly the others dress here.

+1 ...
worship.gif
well put, exactly how I would describe my situation...my Strands are getting lots of attention too. If I can only point them to the WAYWRN, I look like like $#!&...
smile.gif

but I have to say post SF, I am better informed and learned that fit is King....

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
the first month is a cleansing if you will...afterwards you settle the spending...a little.
wink.gif

+1

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Please enlighten me as to where you can get shoes of higher quality than AE for less than $200.

Heaven

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll recoup your investment, as better clothes = more income.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Heaven

no they are the same price up there too
smile.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I got smart on this stuff, slowly the non-SF clothing all either wore out or went out of style. Now all the quality stuff seems to be left. And now I don't need to replace things nearly as often. And as such, have saved money.

axedatta

Reaction score
One month on here got me a two pairs of allen edmonds and a suit. Hopefully this trend does not continue.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
i started lurking SF in november. got out of debt in december. this is what i bought in january. Creed Aventus 9ml/30ml ($130) Creed Green Irish Tweed 9ml ($60) Temple of Jawnz DR ($750) WvG BD Black OCBD ($95) Ivory Skulls & Clover White OCBD ($50) Unlucky John Wayne Belt ($75) Hollows Black Studded Double Wrap Leather Bracelet ($25) KMW 2010 32/35 ($100) KMW 1980 31/32 ($96) Eternal 811 31/32 ($161.20) Triple Works 1220NI 31/35 ($180) Common Projects Officer Boot 43 ($466) Allen Edmonds Park Avenue 10.5D Black ($100) Allen Edmonds Park Avenue 10.5D Brown ($100) Total $2408.20 lol wardrobe purge.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Stop spending money on everything that seems like a good deal and pause and think about what you want your style to be.
This.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics