• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What does Labelking do for a living?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been curious for quite sometime now what LabelKing does for a living. All of his posts and pics make him seem way too eccentric for someone to work a regular 9-5 job. I always imagined Labelking as someone who just inherited a fortune he uses to travel the world searching vintage animal skins. I just can't imagine him in a cubicle surrounded by other office drones like myself worrying about deadlines and filling out TPS reports.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He spends his parents money so he can be the creepiest kid on campus.

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why, he's a bon vivant of course..

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the answer to a degree, but if the man wishes to have his privacy then we should allow it. I enjoy his personality and taste which is unfortunately labeled eccentricity. In many cases I find his tastes to be exquisite and off the beaten path. I kind of get sick of hearing about Barcelona chairs and Thom Browne.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the movie Harold and Maude?

LK, have you seen it? It's based on your life, you know ; ). Kidding, I don't know you that well, only seen one real pic, but if you haven't seen the movie, go check it out. His clothes and lifestyle are waaaay out there, LOL.

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the word "eccentric" still have a negative ring these days? I thought rejection of conventionality and middle class mores had pretty well become the norm - at least on the two coasts.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Has anyone seen the movie Harold and Maude?

LK, have you seen it? It's based on your life, you know ; ). Kidding, I don't know you that well, only seen one real pic, but if you haven't seen the movie, go check it out. His clothes and lifestyle are waaaay out there, LOL.

Bud Cort is underused and underrated although he did not age well.

I loved the outfit he wore in the beginning scene where he "hangs" himself; I recall thick gold jewelry and '70s styled suits.

I've been to the house where they filmed the movie in; it's in Hillsborough.

GoSurface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
He is most certainly a flaneur.

You're back already? Did you borrow Gravitas' wizard fit so you could perform a staff infection on a certain somebody?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
He's in the leisure class.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Why, he's a bon vivant of course..

Originally Posted by Magician
He is most certainly a flaneur.

For some reason, I would feel much better knowing that he was. I think it would almost be cruel of fate to force someone that off-beat and peculiar to participate in the rat-race like the rest of us.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
We have never met although I have met the iammatt.

Have you met Will? He said something about Tom Ford telling him to experiment.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40