• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does everyone look for in a wallet?

jmoney711

Reaction score
Trying to decide what wallet to get and to figure out what the style trends are these days...

There are so many to choose from. Minimalist, long wallet, card holders, etc. And all sorts of colors
to go with them!

If you were to choose one wallet style, what would it be, and what color would you choose? For example,
undyed vegetable tanned (Vachetta), oxblood, distressed dark brown, black, tan, the list goes on!

I'm hoping that this will spark great conversation :)

jmoney711

Reaction score
Also, just want to mention that I currently own an LV Damier Graphite bifold, but want to look into getting something better, maybe cheaper but handmade.

jmoney711

Reaction score
Yes bifold is great. I'm trying to sway away from the brand names, and looking for real artisans who put the most care in crafting a great product, using high quality materials, and not caring so much about the highest profits.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rompson

Reaction score
I'm more of a "grab-and-go" guy so i always look for cash in a wallet first. They say there's more money in identity theft these days but i dunno, maybe I'm just an old soul. I like the feel of cash in hand.

Oh wait, you guys were talking about something else?

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Dockers Slim Wallet for around $16 at JCPenny's. It's small, holds 4 cards, has ID window and has a money clipper in the middle. Slim and convenient. :D

$99 for a wallet? Get the **** outta here.

bantonio

Reaction score

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently bought a Dockers Slim Wallet for around $16 at JCPenny's. It's small, holds 4 cards, has ID window and has a money clipper in the middle. Slim and convenient. :D

$99 for a wallet? Get the **** outta here.

$99 in my wallet...that's what I want to have one day.

Last edited:

Busa

Reaction score
leathergoodsconnection.com

$50 bucks for pure leather wallets, no nylon filler or cardboard, different styles in calf or bridle... the slim is like 3/8" empty, I love mine. Ten years minimum...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

burghler

Reaction score
http://www.chestermox.com/ These guys make nice, quality, leather goods (all handmade I believe). I have an ox blood dogleg wallet from them for every day use

What I'm looking for depends on how I'll use it. If wearing more casual clothing (no jacket), then I'd prefer something minimal like the wallet I have. I just carry a few cards and a little cash. When wearing suits or jackets I'd prefer a breast pocket wallet, mostly because I like the look, not because I actually need the extra space. I'd prefer burgundy, tan, or some antiqued brown...not a huge fan of black wallets.

Busa

Reaction score
Oh, you are obviously a disturbed man!! Rofl...
crackup[1].gif

- money hole
- zippery doo
- foldy part
- place for gold dubloons
- little tiny slitty things
- made of at least two animals
- a giant silver medusa concho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads