What do you wear on long flights?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Plutoburn, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Member

At first, I wear outerwear that I'd wear if I was going out on a regular night. Then I opt for comfort and wear track pants and sweater. But I feel under-dressed but I don't want to give up comfort. It's a non-issue on domestic flights, but for those long flights where I am trying to fall asleep, comfort is quite important. So what can I wear to bridge gap between comfort and presentation.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jeans, a Sweater. low top sneakers or chukkas that easily loosen. I usually keep my jacket with me, to use as a blanket. If it's not a completely packed flight, I can usually fall asleep before take off, get up to drink and eat and watch a couple of movies, and then get back to sleeping.

3. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Just rock the sweatpants. It's a long flight, not a board meeting or a fashion show. No reason make yourself uncomfortable and lose sleep over dressing yourself up.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

during transpacific flights I bring along a pair of walking shorts and wear them before takeoff and wear my pants again before landing. yeah, I admit it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I agree with packing a pair of sweatpants. You can always change before landing.

No point in wrinkling a pair of slacks if you're going to be sitting for a long period of time. And jeans would be uncomfortable and hot, especially if you plan on sleeping. Your body temperature rises when you sleep.

6. ysb

ysb Senior member

I could be wearing a straight jacket as long as i have xanax

7. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Chinos and a sweatshirt are about as dressed up I've gone on long flights. Hate people that look like complete bums in their matching Abercrombie sweatshirt and sweatpants.

8. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

The temperature is usually colder than normal so definitely get something thicker on top (sweater/jumper hoody etc) and wear sweatpants.

9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

My in-flight uniform is almost always the same thing: chinos, polo shirt, crewneck sweater, suede Alden chukka boots.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

When I go on flights that last 12+ hours, my only concern is comfort. I wear a sweater, lounge pants, and slip on shoes so they can be easily taken off at airports for inspection.

11. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Probably my WvG knickers, a t-shirt and a hoodie, with a pair of JV chucks (multi-eyelet slip ons). However I'd not put that on until the gate since I ride a motorcycle in and no way in hell I'm riding in that outfit.

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

I've always worn jeans and a t-shirt (also keep a spare t-shirt in my carry on so I can change if I feel like I smell). And a cardigan or jacket if I get cold. I also always take my shoes off.

13. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Senior member

Always wear jeans... more fading time. Always long sleeves too. I can't understand how people wear shorts, tshirt and flip flops on an airplane. Flip flops / sandals on a plane should be illegal.

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I am a pig when I fly - I wear an under armor hoodie, sweatpants, sneakers, and sometimes a fishing vest (for the pockets). but I do 24 or so flights of more than 10 hours every year

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

last long haul flight these people were walking barefoot. barefoot! and they're going in the toilet!