• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you wear for an evening walk?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where I live it seems ritual to have a walk after the evening meal.
It also seem that those I see on a regular basis seem to make extra effort in their clothes,
and it seems like an evening parade of sorts, so thought I would toss these questions to the forum.
-For those that take an after-dinner stroll, do you have your own dress code?
-If so, what do you like to wear for the evening walk?
-Was there ever a history of evening walk dress protocol?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to take a walk after dinner. I would usually just wear jeans and an OCBD (in the warmer weather anyway). Maybe throw on a tweed jacket if it's cool outside.

Sounds like you live in a nice neighbourhood, enjoy.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I walk the dog after dinner every evening. This time of year I wear shorts and a polo or linen shirt. Not much effort or thought go into what I have on, if any at all.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight I wore a featherlight dk brn striped polo, light tan slacks, Dk blue linen jacket and AE 'Ashton's in chili. It wasn't quite cool enough for a jacket but it hid the fact that I ate too much dinner today.
JayJay, on my walk I saw a man on rollerblades being pulled along the sidewalk by his dog on leash.
Never saw that before but it sure looked like fun. Give it a try if you have the wheels.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
this is similar to the question online retailers sometimes pose asking for a daytime and evening phone number.

my usual response for the evening question is "same as above"

Made in California

Reaction score
Smoking jacket

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a specific dress code or protocol to this, I usualy just wear whatever I had on that day. Nothing in particular, I think it is a matter of preference on this one.

Embargo63

Reaction score
Perhaps a fresh pair of New Balance or Nikes and a set of athletic clothes if the walk is more cardio-oriented than 'see and be seen'?

Depending on where you are of course, I know temps this time of year still hover around the mid-80s until even 9 or 10pm. At least you'll burn off that last dinner roll!

- E63

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.