• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do You Wear At Home?

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Do you wear your decorative neckwear whilst at home?

I once read an interview with Gay Talese in which he said that he sometimes wore a necktie around the house. He said it was like wearing a little scarf.

I'm typically in a pair of boxers and a t-shirt, and in the winter I'll cover that with sweats and add a pair of socks. I wear a suit to work every day and tend to go to the other extreme when I'm home alone. If I'm entertaining or need to run out to the store or something I change into something a bit more presentable.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am expecting JLibourel to be the beacon of sartorialism here!

It seems the majority here wear athletic shorts and the like at home.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweat pants, a tshirt, and a Panerai.

mert54

Reaction score
Some Neiman Marcus robes, 2 wool, 2 cashmere. I had some beaver fur slippers, but my maid just washed them and destroyed them. *****. anyway, I think I'm gonna go get the same ones again, however cashmere ones might be nice.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Akira Kurosawa designed pajama pants and t-shirt complementary of Qantas First Class (I always hit them up for extra pairs when I travel, its the least they can do for having the crappiest First Class service in the world). I am sorted for life. Super comfortable and I have just updated my will to instruct that I am to be buried / cremated in them.

I don't do neck wear at home, unless the heater is on the blink during winter. Then its any old scarf that I can find, normally one of my wife's knitting projects.

Gaz

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mert54
Some Neiman Marcus robes, 2 wool, 2 cashmere. I had some beaver fur slippers, but my maid just washed them and destroyed them. *****. anyway, I think I'm gonna go get the same ones again, however cashmere ones might be nice.

The help is only as good as the master. Was she taking the initiative or did you not communicate properly to her? You have poor maid communication and training skills. And for that, you deserve every garment destroyed by her.
eh.gif

Gaz

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have "house jeans" that are unwearable in public (read - holes in crotch), slippers and I just wear whatever shirt I was wearing during the day (un-tucked with sleeves rolled up). Yeah, boring.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boardshorts and tshirts.

And a tuxedo after 6.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
home or not, i'm dressed up. on my 'dress down' days....meaning everything else is in the wash. I wear a pair of jeans and a half zip sweater with a button down shirt, tie, collar pin and tie bar.

schumambo

Reaction score
Relatively new guy here (longtime lurker). I must say, I'm a bit confused. When asked if they dress to impress others, the average SF poster declares indignantly that, no, they dress well only for themselves and not to impress others. Yet, when left to their own devices and outside the view of masses, apparently it's gym shorts and wife beaters. Hmm.
confused.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I am expecting JLibourel to be the beacon of sartorialism here!

It seems the majority here wear athletic shorts and the like at home.

so what do you wear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads