• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you use as a centrepiece for your dining table?

TylerDurden

Reaction score
A coper platter, with a napkin holder and Salt and pepper and a candle...

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a single old brass candlestick holder.

When we dine at the table, there's usually too much food for anything else to fit.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
What do you use as a centrepiece for your dining table? I currently don't use anything but am considering either a bowl of fruit or a goldfish bowl (with goldfish swimming around in it). I am curious to see what other people use.

good idea.if your dinning guests are lucky they may see the fish mate, or take a fish poop
plain.gif

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mirror, razor blades and heaps of....

wink.gif

Actually a nice Italian plate I picked up on travel and a couple of coffee-table-esque magazines.

turboman808

Reaction score
Right this moment a 19th century meiji cloisonne vase. Great little antique that doesn't get broken easy.

When the holidays are over I will probably put back my Lladro Don Quixote bust.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Do fish actually poop? Ifso, what does fish poop look like?
confused.gif

It comes out in little brown strings actually.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We use a flat, rectangular tray from Tiffany's that was an unregistered for wedding gift with a few small tea candles on it.

We've tried larger, more elaborate centerpieces but always have to move them out of the way to see each other when we are eating anyway.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JhwkMac
I've got a waterford crystal set of candle holders in different sizes and jet black candles

Picking up waterford glasses this weekend.
smile.gif

GSquared

Reaction score
When we had our kitchen counters and bar (overlooks from kitchen into dining room) done in granite, we asked them to take the hole that they cut out from the sink and buff the edges (you pay for it in the square footage - might as well get some use out of that cost). We use that as a centerpiece for the dining room table that ties the rooms together and also multi-purposes as a trivet for hot food on the table. When not in use, we have a cool bowl that is filled with wine corks on top of that.

Warning: It's damn heavy ... Also, if you do this, remember to put little rubber or felt pads on the bottom so it doesn't scratch your table.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always fresh flowers when the table isn't being used and when it is being used I line the middle of the table with a number of unscented candles. Everything and everyone looks better under candlelight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads