• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you think?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Buy it up right away (provided you have the cash). 5'11" is not short, and the suit is pretty much tailored for a really slim guy (check out the trousers.)  Combined with the shorter skirt on the jacket, this will look phenomenal on a guy who is 5'11'' and can fit into under 30 pants.
Do you think it's worth the $800, or do you think I should save a bit and bid in at around $750?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Agreed. Price is high but the DB looks amazing. Silk only looks good on runway models, and why buy Zegna when you can obviously afford much better (YSL)?

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a lotta dough for that YSL suit. How much handwork is there?

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
YSL Rive Gauche best.  Gucci nice, but of limited utility.  Nix the Zegna.  May feeling is that it will look too boxy.
I thought the same, the colour is what puts me off the Gucci. I don't really like the Zegna, but it will save a lot of hassle (Teachers allways tell me to wear 'more conservative' suits)

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Silk only looks good on runway models
No, sir, no, no. That's a shiny, satiny silk. Not great, I admit. But a nubby, matte-finish Dupioni is amazing.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Not much handwork..

One thing wrong with it is the center vent. Why pay $800 for a DB without dual vents? You can always sew up the center vent but you cant add the side vents..

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a lotta dough for that YSL suit.  How much handwork is there?
Agreed. Price is high but the DB looks amazing. Silk only looks good on runway models, and why buy Zegna when you can obviously afford much better (YSL)?
I would have thought that the Zegna offers better quality, but the cut of the YSL is more fashionable.

Brian SD

Reaction score
(Brian SD @ Feb. 20 2005,14:17) Silk only looks good on runway models
No, sir, no, no. That's a shiny, satiny silk. Not great, I admit. But a nubby, matte-finish Dupioni is amazing.
The suit in question is of the shiny, satiny variety.

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not much handwork..

One thing wrong with it is the center vent. Why pay $800 for a DB without dual vents? You can always sew up the center vent but you cant add the side vents..
Obviously you preffer side vents. Why is that? (I tend preffer centre vents or no vents, but perhaps that's because I own more dual vents, so central vent seems more 'new' to me)

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
I also love the YSL and think it will look amazing. $800 is not cheap, but there is no way that you should hold off. How often do you see an YSL suit on discount? And that is a significant discount from the original retail.

And damn, 5'11" short? Ouch.

Dan

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.