1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this "Zegna" suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by subterranean, Oct 16, 2006.

1. subterranean

subterranean Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-100-ORIGINAL...QQcmdZViewItem

I've been searching for a suit for a while now on ebay, and this one is very close to what I need in terms of measurements. Do you guys think this is legit? And, I'm assuming that this is Zegna cloth only (from the label). Is it worth it?

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member

I don't care for it. As it's labeled only as Zegna cloth, there's no way to say much about the construction for certain. I assume, though, that it's fused. The keyhole in the lapel is certainly ugly, and suggests that shortcuts have been taken. The pickstitching is very conspicuous, and the use of what appears to be a contrast color thread is, IMO, tacky.

In terms of cut, I don't like the very high two-button. Elevate the top button too high and it no longer can act as a fulcrum when the jacket is buttoned. It also dates the suit.

For $350, you can get a brand-name suit, and one with far fewer red flags and question marks.

All my opinion, of course.

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

You're tossing away your money buying that thing. The cloth has probably been abused by substandard manufacturers.

4. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Don't bother. I've seen "Zegna cloth" suits before and they were universally terrible.