• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this suit?

shazeh

Reaction score
Given my recent purchase with Indochino that came out great, I want to buy another suit from them. I really like the look of this suit, but....wait for it.....wait for it.......its 90% polyester 10% wool. I know people here consider polyester the spawn of satan, but what is so bad about it? Also is this description true? particularly the part in BOLD from the indochino site:

Over the last few seasons, suit designers Boss, Dior, and D&G have all been creating high quality, shiny polyester suits. Super soft to the touch and with a clearly evident sheen, this suit is ideal for the evening goer. Anti wrinkle and stain resistant, Indochino's light weight, high thread count polyester is also wonderfully breathable.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif
EDIT: it's cheap (for the maker to purchase, certainly not for you), it is certainly not 'breathable' when tightly woven, it drapes terribly over the human form, the sheen is ridiculous and quickly dates, the 'light weight' is a red flag. Last but not least the list of 'suit designers' is a veritable 'hall of infamy' type lineup of clowns who muck around with the classic-cut suit in the name of creating 'trends' and selling 'fashion' - i.e. for the most part they make disposable, in-for-2-or-3-seasons-at-most 'suits'. Damned difficult to care for too.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shazeh
...high quality, shiny...

A delicious oxymoron...

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shazeh
Given my recent purchase with Indochino that came out great, I want to buy another suit from them. I really like the look of this suit, but....wait for it.....wait for it.......its 90% polyester 10% wool. I know people here consider polyester the spawn of satan, but what is so bad about it? Also is this description true? particularly the part in BOLD from the indochino site: Over the last few seasons, suit designers Boss, Dior, and D&G have all been creating high quality, shiny polyester suits. Super soft to the touch and with a clearly evident sheen, this suit is ideal for the evening goer. Anti wrinkle and stain resistant, Indochino's light weight, high thread count polyester is also wonderfully breathable.
what the hell.....

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
lurker[1].gif

EDIT: it's cheap (for the maker, not for you), it is certainly not 'breathable' when tightly woven, it drapes terribly over the human form, the sheen is ridiculous and quickly dates, the 'light weight' is a red flag. Last but not least the list of 'suit designers' is a veritable hall police lineup of clowns who muck around with a classic-cut suit in the name of 'fashion' - i.e. for the most part they make disposable, in-for-2-seasons-at-most suits.

Bam!

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Mohair? Silk?

I wouldn't wear suits made of either.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always go for natural look and quality...Shiny suits are just like everything else , a sartorial fad...

Next year , you will prefer being shot than being seen in one of them...

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks cheap, not to mention it's too trendy. Teh skinny lapel look is just a fad and will not last you should look for suits you can get mor life out of.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
It looks cheap, not to mention it's too trendy. Teh skinny lapel look is just a fad and will not last you should look for suits you can get mor life out of.

You sure do hate on the skinny lapels.

While I'm against the ridiculously slim lapel, I believe a narrower width looks proportional and fitting on the more slender gentlemen.

Just say no, to polyester.

IBJanky

Reaction score
If you like it and feel comfortable in it, then by all means, wear it.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

myke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics