• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this peacoat?

coogie

Reaction score
Nice.

buttons look a bit dodgy though. is it definitely real?

Eagle

Reaction score
I think if I were going to get a peacoat, I would opt for the real thing. It would be less costly and probably warmer~!

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like is well enough, but I too would probably go for a more traditional color and style (dark blue or black with hand warmer pockets) for a pea coat. I have never owned a Marc Jacobs coat, so I can't comment on them.

cvac

Reaction score
Get a real peacoat from a military surplus store or from sterlingwear.

JordanH.

Reaction score
i usually don't like the short ones (or the ones that don't touch the knees) but i like this one. i think i'd like it better in a darker color, though.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the grey to a darker colour.

Happenstance

Reaction score
I quite like the fabric. I was looking at a similar herringbone peacoat last winter from Vivienne Westwood with a view to having it altered to fit properly, but ultimately decided against it.

I would definitely change the buttons.

Pylon

Reaction score
I like the light grey shown there. If it was my size, I'd be bidding on it too!
wink.gif
If you like it, and it will fit you, get it. I don't necessary agree that anything remotely similar to a peacoat-style cut must be black and an official USN peacoat (or try darn hard to look just like it).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
did not win, didnt expect price to jump up to 560 at the last minute. 560 is a little hefty anyways for a 06 jacket, even if it was new.
Someone must have wanted it badly for it to go at that price. I'm not a fan of the color, but it otherwise seems to be a nice jacket.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
wow that seems like it went for a pretty high price. You could find a similar quality jacket for much less if you look hard enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads