• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what do you think of this jacket?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks kind of Goth/Trenchcoat mafia to me....sorry.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool concept, reminds me of my old Kendo sparring uniform. However it's very hard to pull off unless you have a history of wearing similar post-apocalypse, punk-goth clothes

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like it. I don't have a problem with more fashion forward stuff, but this lacks shape and any sort of compelling design. Disparate parts of it aren't bad, but it doesn't work as a whole.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I don't like it. I don't have a problem with more fashion forward stuff, but this lacks shape and any sort of compelling design. Disparate parts of it aren't bad, but it doesn't work as a whole.

That's good if you can pull off the Neo meets S&M aesthetic.

ahk1979

Reaction score
i think it looks better in person and its a great fit.

Max

Reaction score
It could be massively hot if you had it tailored through the torso.

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
It could be massively hot if you had it tailored through the torso.
It's actually quite fitted through the body on me in a medium, especialy with a light sweater or hoodie under it.

I know it does look a little dark or goth, but I think worn with fairly conservative streetwear items (ie APC, Dior Homme, ACNE and the sutch)it will look quite good.

My only concerns are it may not be warm enough. However, I think with a sweater underneath I will be fine for all but the coldest days in Toronto. Also, I can only locate it at Holts in Toronto and they mark their stuff up a lot (ie APC jeans $215CDN). So if I buy it there, I know I will be over paying by quite a bit.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Not a huge fan. Looks like an experimental M65.....hard to see it from the pics. Maybe it is just my PC.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40