1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this jacket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bellison, Sep 15, 2009.

1. spectre

spectre Senior member

you must not be a jet-setter. ;-)

Yes, they are brilliant for air travel and sightseeing etc - but Orvis and Travelsmith has this sort of stuff for a fraction of the price.

2. Mr.P

Mr.P Senior member

Who the heck sees "100% polyester" and "$895.00" on the same page, and even THINKS about buying?

I agree. The jacket looks quite tasteless, too, in my opinion.

3. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

I think this is a pretty awesome jacket. It's stylish and sophisticated.

Though this is a jacket that is for someone UNDER 40 for sure.

Very sporty RLBL jacket. Opinions?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

4. Bellison

Bellison Senior member

I've seen this jacket in person and the quality of the materials and construction is superb. Now, whether it's worth $900 is questionable, but it's definitely worth at least $600.

Who the heck sees "100% polyester" and "$895.00" on the same page, and even THINKS about buying?

5. Bellison

Bellison Senior member

6. ss10guy3

ss10guy3 Senior member

I was hating on this jacket too until I saw it in the South Coast Plaza store. GREAT DETAILS. In person, it looks way better. The "plastic cuffs" aren't plastics, more of a matte rubber substance. Great leather work in surprising places. If I had the cash, I would go for it.

7. Bellison

Bellison Senior member

I am curious what Vox-Sartoria thinks about this jacket.

8. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

im sure it wouldnt be getting this reaction if it was a few hundred, but i agree with most of the other reactions on here. for me, 900 is way high. its not terrible, but it has that "i look functional but i'm probably not" thing going on that is so popular these days. kinda just looks like a designer military jacket... probably because thats what it is. all in all im sure i'd wear it if someone bought it for me, but i wouldnt pay for it even if i could. which is good for me, because i cant

9. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

That is hideous.

I guess a fit pic is in order:

[​IMG]

I really just meant the company, Belstaff. They're one of the originators of this style of coat. The style I linked to, the Panther, is an iconic style in both leather and waxed cotton.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

There is a lot going on, it's a bit busy. Not really my style, it's trying to hard to come off as trendy nad comming up short.
    hah, like you would know. [​IMG]