• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this hoody?

mondayc

Reaction score
Skinny or not, it's better to have clothes that fit. The rule is especially true when you're layering it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just size yourself right. American Apparel cuts their clothes well, you're not going to get all the stupid of most hoodies where the body is a huge bag with an elastic on the bottom that wraps around your waist and causes all kinds of random and unnecessary drape. They have XL in the American Apparel, just because the model is wearing small doesn't mean you have to as well...

allan1

Reaction score
I agree with above.
AA makes good products with well-thought cut.
I would not buy the hoody, but compare the sizing with your clothing before you purchase though.
It seems returning the item may cost you more than the hoody itself
smile.gif

changed

Reaction score
I'm 5'11'' 170 pounds (not SuperFuture small by any means), and the AA hoodie I posted is cut perfectly for me in medium.

syzygy

Reaction score
When I first got AA, I thought it was cut nice. Then I got a MJK hoodie, and realized the AA cut was garbage.

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mondayc
Skinny or not, it's better to have clothes that fit. The rule is especially true when you're layering it.

If they are indeed baggy then large will fit me snug.. I'm sort of in between sizes right now

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is but Wing & Horns or Spruce make excellent quality hoodies in "traditional" sizing and in "slim" sizing. Sometimes a slim-XL is a better fit than a traditional-Large. Also, I think the green tiger fleece is pretty badass.

You should also consider Michael J Krell hoodies (see affiliate link above)

Use the buy/sell threads here and on SuFu to save some money.

mpcec

Reaction score
small questions thread

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads