• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you think of this hoody?

mondayc

Reaction score
Skinny or not, it's better to have clothes that fit. The rule is especially true when you're layering it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just size yourself right. American Apparel cuts their clothes well, you're not going to get all the stupid of most hoodies where the body is a huge bag with an elastic on the bottom that wraps around your waist and causes all kinds of random and unnecessary drape. They have XL in the American Apparel, just because the model is wearing small doesn't mean you have to as well...

allan1

Reaction score
I agree with above.
AA makes good products with well-thought cut.
I would not buy the hoody, but compare the sizing with your clothing before you purchase though.
It seems returning the item may cost you more than the hoody itself

changed

Reaction score
I'm 5'11'' 170 pounds (not SuperFuture small by any means), and the AA hoodie I posted is cut perfectly for me in medium.

syzygy

Reaction score
When I first got AA, I thought it was cut nice. Then I got a MJK hoodie, and realized the AA cut was garbage.

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mondayc
Skinny or not, it's better to have clothes that fit. The rule is especially true when you're layering it.

If they are indeed baggy then large will fit me snug.. I'm sort of in between sizes right now

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is but Wing & Horns or Spruce make excellent quality hoodies in "traditional" sizing and in "slim" sizing. Sometimes a slim-XL is a better fit than a traditional-Large. Also, I think the green tiger fleece is pretty badass.

You should also consider Michael J Krell hoodies (see affiliate link above)

Use the buy/sell threads here and on SuFu to save some money.

mpcec

Reaction score
small questions thread

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%