• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you think of this briefcase design?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in getting one like this made in about 1.5mm "thin" tan bridle hide with brass zippers. Overall dimensions will be 17"x12.5"x7". This thickness will give the case a soft look while retaining the durability and patina of bridle leather which I like so much.

The case will be used when in-town as well as when I am travelling to keep papers and a laptop, hence its somewhat larger dimension. Key considerations are convenience (zippers and no fussy straps), durability (bridle), informal look (hence soft construction), patina (tan colour).

Thoughts?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
weekend bag yes breif case i think it is a big large and bulky and not sleak enough!

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What if the front pockets are removed, and only placed on the case when travelling? I think the twin handles also make it look like a weekend bad. What if it were replaced by a single handle?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i dont think single or double handle will make much difference to be honest i think it is just the shape that is not right and it just looks big!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yes i really like that top 1 some thing like that would be spot on esp in black or brown croc!

stach

Reaction score
I think you would get tired of undoing those buckles in order to get to the side pockets.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Well, since you asked, I don't really like it, but it seems to match all of your "key considerations". If it fits your wants/needs and you're happy with it then that's what matters.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is like a Tumi in bridle

Flap over briefcases are great for in-town use, but quite useless when one is travelling because it can't hold more than a few sheets of paper. Since I would like to use it when I am travelling also, this seems more functional.

Anyways, I am still undecided between functionality or classic good looks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40