What do you think of this "blazer"?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Marbles29, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...d=1&pid=680729 It's more of an outerwear jacket. BR is having 40% off tomorrow, wondering if I should pull the trigger. Feel free to suggest better quality alternatives. I've wanted a leather jacket for months, but I don't know where to get one of decent quality for a reasonable price - thus I might make this my outerwear purchase for the season.

2. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

Looks OK for a light-weight outter garment. Not to be pedantic, but it is not in any way a blazer, however. A blazer is a very specific type of sport coat, generally navy, green, black, red, or regatta striped with high-contrast buttons.

3. nohomo

nohomo Senior member

What the fuck is up with the last pic for that jacket? BR has the dumbest and ugliest models for guys and girls.

Jacket itself is fine. It'll depend on how well it fits you, but from the pics, it looks to be cut fairly full and not very flattering if you have a skinny or even average figure.

4. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

I wouldn't call it a blazer, it is more of a sport coat but that is BR's mistake not yours. The coat is actually nice for a wool it seems light weight enough to work this time of year.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

What the fuck is up with the last pic for that jacket? BR has the dumbest and ugliest models for guys and girls.

Hahaha... went back and looked and... YEAH.. [​IMG]

6. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

What's this 40% off event? Is it on everything?

7. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

+5 points for belted back. -5 for crazy-high gorge. +5 for herringbone tweed. -5 for hem hitting model just below wrist. -5 for air guitar from a man who has clearly never heard Led Zeppelin II. Good for warmth, but I'm skeptical otherwise.

8. nghiem

nghiem Active Member

Looks quite alright on that model. You should definitely try it on and see how it fits.

9. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

Yeah, I knew it wasn't a blazer, which is why I put blazer in quotation marks. I see that last model playing the air guitar in just about every magazine. I was surprised to see BR has employed him...I don't know why they find him so overwhelmingly attractive.

10. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Because he has a body sized like a mannequin, which looks flattering to the garment, and a face that's interesting. Geez! What in the world do you guys want from a model???

11. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

It is a "heritage" thing. It is also "truly unique [and] novel."...all 500,000 of them.

12. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

I purchased the jacket, it was too fantastic to pass up...the cut is very flattering, much slimmer than you would guess by the photographs.

13. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

Haha...I just saw it was labeled as 2-button on the site, there are 4-buttons...[​IMG]

14. Chips

Chips Senior member

Post some of your own fit pics if you can.

The only things I don't like are the breast pocket flap and the extra buttons/button holes up the lapels.

15. goldfish12

goldfish12 Member

The pockets are great