• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you think of these?

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
I am getting a very nasty spending habit . . . I am losing control.

Anyway bought these Cole Haans from Off 5th at Woodbury Commons. Ticket price = $199 less 30% Columbus Day weekend discount = $139

Interested in opinions . . . .

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did they retail for?

MrRogers

Reaction score
I think they're nice shoes irregardless...

For 139$? I'd have gotten two pairs, even if I only wore them in incliment weather.

MrR

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is too much detailing for my likes, but they look great nonetheless. And for such a price...

!luc

texas_jack

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
I think they're nice shoes irregardless...

For 139$? I'd have gotten two pairs, even if I only wore them in incliment weather.

MrR

Just so you know, irregardless is not a word.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Those are really nice. Havent seen anything that sweet from Cole Haan in a long time. Are those from the "Italian Collection" line? Hard to imagine the normal Nike produced line making brogues like that. Great purchase!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
sort of. from the American Standard dictionary "Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing." so in the case of message board posting, it is a word since we're writing casually and often in nonstandard terms

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
What did they retail for?

The retail "compare to" is $425

For those interested, it is the Leland Wingtip Oxford. The description from the Cole Haan website is:

"Modern welt oxford benchmade in England in luxurious English calfskin on a hand-stained and polished leather sole . . . ."

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Those are really nice. Havent seen anything that sweet from Cole Haan in a long time. Are those from the "Italian Collection" line? Hard to imagine the normal Nike produced line making brogues like that. Great purchase!

I am not sure it is from the Italian Collection, it just says "Collection".

My thoughts exactly. I usually would never consider purchasing anything by Cole Haan but when I saw these and considered the $139 damage, I thought I can't go wrong . . .

I realize MrRogers suggests that these could be had for cheaper; I have to improve on my shopping savvy, I guess . . .

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you SURE these are Cole Haan? Wow. Those are nice.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Are you SURE these are Cole Haan? Wow. Those are nice.

Thanks. That's pretty funny. Being the novice I am, this is the only thing I can show you . . . or maybe your question was rhetorical . . .

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
Thanks. That's pretty funny. Being the novice I am, this is the only thing I can show you . . . or maybe your question was rhetorical . . .

Thanks, it was rhetorical. Now, I cannot find that model listed anywhere. Do you have a link?

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
I am not sure it is from the Italian Collection, it just says "Collection".

My thoughts exactly. I usually would never consider purchasing anything by Cole Haan but when I saw these and considered the $139 damage, I thought I can't go wrong . . .

I realize MrRogers suggests that these could be had for cheaper; I have to improve on my shopping savvy, I guess . . .

I'm sorry, that was not the message I was trying to convey at all. 139 is a steal for these shoes. Congrats on the find, the detailing is exquisite. I'm not to far from Woodbury Commons, may I ask if these were the only pair that they had in stock??

MrR

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack

Thank you Texas for correcting my post on a message board.

Now pour yourself a stiff one and relax.

MrR

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%