1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of these shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NMW1982, Apr 6, 2006.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Andrew- What do you think of that Mackay in Edwardian? It sounds very tempting [​IMG]

Basically the Asquith in edwardian, I'd like to add that to my pool. If I don't like the dark aok derby as much on my return visit, I may just grab the Mackay instead. The dark oak version is one of my top five favorite shoes I own.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Correct on the Troon comment AC. Sorry I wasn't clearer. The RLPL version is basically the same design but from the Oundle body, not the Troon.
    I love the Oundle, but have heard that there are peculiarities of fit due to its design. Adding a captoe (not floating?) medallion to this shoe seems like a lot of stuff going on, but I will reserve judgment until I see pics.

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love the Oundle, but have heard that there are peculiarities of fit due to its design. Adding a captoe (not floating?) medallion to this shoe seems like a lot of stuff going on, but I will reserve judgment until I see pics.

I actually don't have the Oundle (or Stowe) so I'm hoping there's no fit difficulties. If all goes well on Monday, pictures will be avaialble Monday night.