• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you think of these cufflinks?

The Gooch

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
You can get those on Canal Street for $20. 925 sterling silver, too.
 

brokentelephone

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Slickman
What do you think of these cufflinks?

I like them. That being said, for $300 you could buy 5 pairs of very cool quality vintage cufflinks on ebay. Sure, they might require some polishing and might be less substantial, but you will get more interesting pieces.

Look up what you could get for the same amount of cash on ebay. I bought a pair of vintage Georg Jensen cufflinks on ebay for around 250 the other day and they are truly magnificent (and would probably be in the 600$ range if new).
 

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
35,724
Reaction score
10,642
Originally Posted by brokentelephone
I like them. That being said, for $300 you could buy 5 pairs of very cool quality vintage cufflinks on ebay. Sure, they might require some polishing and might be less substantial, but you will get more interesting pieces.

Look up what you could get for the same amount of cash on ebay. I bought a pair of vintage Georg Jensen cufflinks on ebay for around 250 the other day and they are truly magnificent (and would probably be in the 600$ range if new).


They are nice and understated how cufflinks should be. They would be cooler if they were $600 though.
 

Wayward

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
74
If you have to ask, you probably aren't sure of them. If you're not sure of them, why would you pay $300? On the other hand, if you were sure of them and was willing to pay $300 anyway, why would you ask?
 

brokentelephone

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
They are nice and understated how cufflinks should be. They would be cooler if they were $600 though.


Agree! Money is power yo!
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,738
Reaction score
2,688
They sux for that price!
 

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
14
Are they good cuff links? Yes. Are they worth $300? Depends on what you consider expensive and how much you like them. In this regard, I'm a fan of Mafoofan's philosophy -- i.e. buy a handful of flexible items of exceptional quality that you truly like, rather than a large collection of things that are good but not great. And I say this as someone who has over 80 cuff links, most of which are mediocre -- and I pretty much only wear my Tiffany's Barbell and Starfish cuff links 99% of the time. Ditto with ties -- own several hundred, but my favorites are a handful, and those are all the good ones that were worth the money.
 

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
89
I'm sure I want simple silver bar cufflinks, but don't think they are worth 300, tried finding similar beveled ones on ebay, but haven't been able too, anyone know of any makers that match.
 

brokentelephone

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
192
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Slickman
I'm sure I want simple silver bar cufflinks, but don't think they are worth 300, tried finding similar beveled ones on ebay, but haven't been able too, anyone know of any makers that match.

Links of London ? Usually the same schlock as Tiffanys for 30% less.
 

johnvw

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,587
Reaction score
79
Originally Posted by Wayward
If you have to ask, you probably aren't sure of them. If you're not sure of them, why would you pay $300? On the other hand, if you were sure of them and was willing to pay $300 anyway, why would you ask?


Good points. Not meaning to be negative, but, if I may add my $0.02, in addition to some much less expensive cufflinks that I have seen, I think silk knots would be preferable to these.
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,133
Reaction score
1,644
They must be well-made and they do look good but and there is a but, the price tag is making the purchase difficult to swallow...
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
426,997
Messages
9,189,741
Members
193,016
Latest member
Vikramsthakur

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top