• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of these casual Heschung shoes?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I have been looking for something between a sneaker and business casual shoe to wear with jeans/khakis. What do you think of these?

Stylish or dorky?

tecomamarronhdpr2.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They look to me like Hermes Quicks with a Doc Marten sole... and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The Hermes Quick style seems sleek, simple, sophisticated and the sole makes it look clunky, heavy, and cumbersome. So, the top and the bottom of the shoe just seem totally mismatched to me, like if somebody took a Bentley and put huge monster-truck tires on it..

Therefore, I have to vote one for the "dorky" side, too, despite the fact that Heschungs are great quality.

John

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Between the two extremes, they lean dorky, but they're not as offensive as many.

Maybe you should try a suede chukka or desert boot, something like that.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah faust, you beat me to it!

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Dorky.

I personally prefer straight up sneakers, but if you must, Pantaloro d'Oro, BNG Project, and Henry Beguelin all make very acceptable sneaker/shoe hybrids.

Thanks for the tip! I browsed through some Pantaloro d'oro on yoox, and there are some that I think look pretty good.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
They look to me like Hermes Quicks with a Doc Marten sole... and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The Hermes Quick style seems sleek, simple, sophisticated and the sole makes it look clunky, heavy, and cumbersome. So, the top and the bottom of the shoe just seem totally mismatched to me, like if somebody took a Bentley and put huge monster-truck tires on it..

Therefore, I have to vote one for the "dorky" side, too, despite the fact that Heschungs are great quality.

John

I think you hit it right on the head for me. I knew there was something a little off, and I think you are right. The sole does not match the shoe.

I can't look at it any other way now. lol

pzza

Reaction score
Maybe try some leather sneakers?

I've recently bought these
501%20brown.jpg

but instead of the white/blue-ish stripes just normal brown ones.

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
now THOSE ^^ i love.

but the first shoes in the thread = dorky.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pzza
Maybe try some leather sneakers?

I've recently bought these
501%20brown.jpg

but instead of the white/blue-ish stripes just normal brown ones.

Thanks for the suggestion. Who makes those?

pzza

Reaction score
http://www.blackstone.nl/ Blackstone, a small dutch brand so unavailable elsewhere I'm afraid. They have a few very obnoxious models but I really like the leather sneaker models, even the sole is leather and every detail just feels "finished" (including the inside of the shoe). I bought mine for €100,- they were "priced down(?)" from €170,-. When you try the store locator it shows only dutch stores, sorry
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads