• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of Salvatore Ferragamo - Bruce?

RLiu818

Reaction score
I see the Bruce model of Salvatore Ferragamo Studio Line shoes readily available at Nordstrom and bloomingdales, yet I don't see it listed on their website. Is this a discontinued model?

Anyways, what do you think of this low profile, squared cap toe shoe?

I tried it on and personally think it looks great but i wanted some more opinions. Ferragamo doesnt seem to be a popular brand on this forum; seems like its all about AE.

And about the studio line, all i hear is how crappy it is, but it is priced the same as their standard line. Why is it priced the same if it is significantly crappier in quality?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...550cat10650732

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather go on a hunting trip with Dick Cheney than buy Studio line, let alone @ full retail
plain.gif

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Ferragama Studio that look just like the ones in your link, although in dark brown. I am very happy with them. Actually, I tried them on during the sale period and liked them a lot, so much that I actually bought them even after that the salesman told me that this model actually was not on sale. That is, I actuallly paid retail price for them, and I have never regretted it. I think that they look great, I like the dark brown colour (of mine) and they are very comfortable. I think it is a very nice leathe, at least it looks and feels nice. I do not know anything about construction and stuff like that, I am just very happy with the way the shoes look and feel. (Maybe some people on SF will tell you that they are likely to be of plastic or polyester, but if that is true, well, I have never noticed).

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would only buy a Studio line shoe if there was something about the design/look that I really liked (and couldn't buy in slightly better quality). As it is, the shoe is pretty unremarkable so I'd pass unless it was hugely reduced in price....

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have come across a pair of Ferragamo Bruce's for 140. Is that price justifiable? How is the quality?

thanks

athletics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Hey guys. I have come across a pair of Ferragamo Bruce's for 140. Is that price justifiable? How is the quality?

thanks

This is a good deal and you should get them. Try them on first if you can, I was looking for a shoe over Christmas and really wanted the Bruce however the sides were cut too high and were cutting in to my left ankle. It was something that would always be there even once broken in. I decided to get Ferragamo's but I upped it to the Tramezza's (Renzo) because it was exactly what I was looking for.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of discussion about the Bruce it seems lately.

An unremarkable shoe IMOP. But I own it and for 140 I would buy it, thats what I paid for my pair. The studio line is never something you need to buy at full retail.

power86

Reaction score
i also own(ed) a brown pair of bruce's similar to the OP's shoes. I bought a 9D at Nordstrom Rack for $180 over the summer and the shoes felt horrible. The right side of the mid sole ached like hell. At first, I thought I had to break into it, but after 6 months it still felt the same. Regret buying the studio line.

Luckily, Nordstrom's cust. service saved the day. Without a receipt and box, they gave me the $180 in the form of a gift card for 6 month old shoes.

power86

Reaction score
same issue as post #7, it was cutting in on my ankle. very uncomfortable

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good thing I skipped these. Nordstroms shoe department customer service is excellent. I was there once and some guy brought in a pair of Ferragamos that had creased. The sales associate asked, "Have you been using shoe trees?" and the customer replied, "what are shoe trees? They proceeded to give him store credit for his purchase.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ferragamos are actually more popular here than you think. the tramezza line is very well made and can be had for <$300.

i paid $260 for a pair of SGUARDO tramezzas, in a dark hickory brown. they look almost exactly like the pair you're showing except on a slightly more elongated/roundtoed last, and is constructed exceptionally better than the studios you show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads