• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of levi 538 cut?

kookydooky

Reaction score
Low Rise straight I think it was. I was quickly trying on some levis at the store to see if I can fit into a 30w again (which i can
biggrin.gif
, and im thinking if i should slim down further, although even at my skinniest which was fairly skinny 28w never felt that comfy anyways) but I was rushed because the store was closing. I really liked how it felt but wasnt really paying attention on how it looked because it was more the waist sizing i was concerned with.

So yeah what do you think of the 538 cut

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
pics might help us form an opinion. i have never seen this cut.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
are you sure it was "538"? I know they have a 539. In fact, I'm looking for a pair of 539 eco's in cream. It's definitely what I would call a low rise straight fit. It kind of reminds of some of Superbobo's fits from the thigh down. I'm a waist 33, a bigger guy, and they really work for me. Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's my take.

edit: for future reference, this question might be better suited for the "I have a jean" thread.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Might have been 539 and the store person could have gotten it wrong when I asked because i could tell they were in hurry cos they wanted me to leave XD

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by truestorytravis
are you sure it was "538"? I know they have a 539. In fact, I'm looking for a pair of 539 eco's in cream. It's definitely what I would call a low rise straight fit. It kind of reminds of some of Superbobo's fits from the thigh down. I'm a waist 33, a bigger guy, and they really work for me. Don't if that's what you're looking for, but that's my take.

edit: for future reference, this question might be better suited for the "I have a jean" thread.

JCPenney has had ECO 539 in Natural since at least fall last year. I know; I bought a pair at some point in early January when they were on sale.

I returned them the next day because I realized I really needed/wanted raw jeans. They fit all right, though.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I bought a friend of mine some 539's; I think they were raw.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
So which are they? 538 or 539? Low-rise straight fit sounds like my kind of fit. And so can you buy them raw at JC Penny?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic don't work =[

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
If those are rigids then that means you need to size up when buying them, right?

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Well I can't edit the old post to update them, so here they are:

100_0961_367x600.jpg

100_0960_450x600.jpg

100_0962_298x600.jpg

I think these look great; good silhouette and they fit you very well. I do however, think that they look to be a tad bit short on you. A longer inseam would've been perfect.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As he said in the previous post, he didn't keep them, because the inseam was too short. =)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads