• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think is the point of the WAYWT thread?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what do you think is the point of the "What Are You Wearing Today?" thread?

Current discussion sparked this in my mind, and I couldn't find any similar previous threads. I want to hear from everyone, noobs and regular/original gangstas alike. I'll chime in later.

Do you think it is for posting what you are wearing today? For getting criticism on outfits? For showing off your style and/or clothing? "I'll take what's behind door number four, Bob"?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
show-offs

wiru

Reaction score
Part showing off, part collective effort to improve through criticism and exchange of ideas. Exchange being important -- I'm not so into the "please fix me" posts or the "it's just what I have on today" posts.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Its a clever ruse perpetrated by the gheys, who are always prowling the interwebz for new victims to surprise sex.

In other words, It's a trap!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I use it to post a picture of what I am wearing. I tend to do it daily, or as often as I change my clothes.

I use the thread as a guide how and how not to wear certain things.

I also think vanity has a lot to do with it, people like to be told they look nice.

I like to receive feedback, though i am not always able to implement.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
1. For some to show what they are actually wearing and don't give a f...
2. Some view it as a tool or for criticism to improve and gain insight and ideas
3. Others want to feel a sense of community or belonging and just want to contribute
4. The rest are insecure lops who try to floss by posting any/everything but fail miserably @ life

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i think it's probably a combination of all that. Many people come in with different reasons on their mind. Some are proud of their look and want others to see, or are showing off. Some are maybe just posting what they're wearing, for no great reason - maybe bored, or want to join a community. Some are probably looking for feedback. I don't really post but I've certainly got a lot of ideas from other people just doing their thing.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
We have had this conversation before several times. It typically stems from either a newbie getting raped for some mall crap fit or the perfect storm of comments over a "next level" poster who half think is a douche and half want to bed.

It all goes on for several pages, the word "circlejerk" is used a number of times, the idea of "you can talk when you post your own fit for us to judge" is thrown in by a semi-reg, and Fok chimes in to tell everyone to please vaccuum the sand drifting into their vaginas. The end.

I could care fuckless why people post fits or don't. The people that do typically get it, the people that don't get it, too.

Bislane

Reaction score
When I look at it I see a few of the same names getting the same praise thrown at them for similar looks. A few looks differ from the former enough to take note of, but none enough to draw the criticism that invariably follows. **** that is pretty objectively "bad" gets dog piled for obvious reasons but can get pretty harsh and definitely scares a lot of people away.

That sounds pretty negative but I think it's all pretty warranted. It's a great resource to a point but it stops being helpful pretty quickly and now seems pretty stagnant to me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Fok chimes in to tell everyone to please vaccuum the sand drifting into everyone's ******. The end.

mega_maid.jpg

She's gone from "suck" to "blow"!

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops, thought I mentioned it in my original post. I actually did search prior to see if it had been discussed before, but I couldn't find much. I searched 'WAYWT', 'wearing', etc....either I got nothing or too much to read in a week.

I basically am interested in the difference (if any) between the older and newer posters. I also think they WAYWT thread's purpose in the eyes of the masses may have shifted over the years.

Just conjecture.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Most of the discussions whodini is referring to take place in the WAYWT thread, after a couple of pages of arguing, leading to the comment "Isn't that what this thread is for" or something similar. So they wouldn't really show up on a search.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bislane
When I look at it I see a few of the same names getting the same praise thrown at them for similar looks. A few looks differ from the former enough to take note of, but none enough to draw the criticism that invariably follows. **** that is pretty objectively "bad" gets dog piled for obvious reasons but can get pretty harsh and definitely scares a lot of people away. That sounds pretty negative but I think it's all pretty warranted. It's a great resource to a point but it stops being helpful pretty quickly and now seems pretty stagnant to me.
See? This is what I was talking about in my previous post.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, good, I don't feel so guilty then for lacking in search skillz. Even though I'm one of the guys that tossed out the 'circle jerk' comment.

Though, I did intend it towards a certain group of posters, and not quite the whole thread in general. Though the thread definitely flows and ebbs over time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads